DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Re:

Post by bblhd672 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:00 pm To recap sites and times for the Fort Worth side of DFW's 3rd Saturday meetings :

February 16, 2019: Cracker Barrel, 132 East Interstate 20, Weatherford, 800 AM. Optional range time nearby after breakfast.

March 16, 2019 : Rudy's BBQ, 451 Interstate 20, Arlington, 800 AM. Currently no range time planned, but that could work for someplace nearby.

I'm looking forward to seeing all prior attendees, and hope to see some new faces as well. Be there, or be square. :-)

SIA
Alpine Range is close.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Jusme »

Locations work for me CC is not a deal breaker. It will all depend on my work schedule. I usually don't know about Saturdays until the Friday before. If I'm off I'll be there.
I would also like to throw it out there, to maybe find a place more centrally located between this and the NE folks, and maybe set up a quarterly meet up. Maybe Flower Mound, Roanoake, etc. I'm not real familiar with establismets in those areas, but maybe someone closer would have some ideas.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Re:

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:00 pm To recap sites and times for the Fort Worth side of DFW's 3rd Saturday meetings :

February 16, 2019: Cracker Barrel, 132 East Interstate 20, Weatherford, 800 AM. Optional range time nearby after breakfast.

March 16, 2019 : Rudy's BBQ, 451 Interstate 20, Arlington, 800 AM. Currently no range time planned, but that could work for someplace nearby.

I'm looking forward to seeing all prior attendees, and hope to see some new faces as well. Be there, or be square. :-)

SIA
I'm in for that plan!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Folks, please let me know if you'll be attending the Cracker Barrel meeting this coming Saturday so I can let the management know to set up an appropriate number of tables for us.

Thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Excaliber wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 am Folks, please let me know if you'll be attending the Cracker Barrel meeting this coming Saturday so I can let the management know to set up an appropriate number of tables for us.

Thanks!
Sorry to have to miss it but we are having a special music service at Synagogue this coming Saturday morning and I am participating. Should be something like this Sephardic style music:

Wonder if I can play while open carrying?
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Excaliber:

AFAIK, flightmare and skullcop will NOT be in attendance.

strogg and myself WILL be there.

I have no status on any other pistoleros. :-)

SIA.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

I plan to be there, but I won't know for sure until Friday, they are haphazard at scheduling weekend work here.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm Excaliber:

AFAIK, flightmare and skullcop will NOT be in attendance.

strogg and myself WILL be there.

I have no status on any other pistoleros. :-)

SIA.
Thanks!
Excaliber

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm going to try and make it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 am I'm going to try and make it!
Great!
Excaliber

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hack Job »

I'll be there.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

So far we have 5 (including myself) and one maybe.

Any more before I call the number into the restaurant?
Excaliber

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

For those coming from the east on I20, you'll want to take exit 408 and stay in the left lane on the service road to take the U-turn just before the traffic light and go over the bridge to the eastbound service road.

There you'll want to get in the right hand lane as quickly as you can. Cracker Barrel sits just east of the Chili's restaurant and in front of the shopping center with Lowe's, Target, PetSmart, Best Buy, etc. These two restaurants are elevated above the service road.

The shortest route is to take the driveway into Chili's and drive through their lot to get to the Cracker Barrel.

If you miss that driveway, you can also take the next (last) driveway into the shopping center and work your way back to Cracker Barrel by heading back west through the main parking lot.
Excaliber

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I've notified the restaurant to expect 6 - 8 members for our breakfast.

We will be seated in the third dining room, and the manager said she would tell the greeter to direct people who ask for the Texas CHL Forum breakfast to the right table.

Please remember that the restaurant is fine with concealed carry, but has requested no open carry.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Excaliber

Return to “Off-Topic”