DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Flightmare »

Reminder for everyone. Breakfast this Saturday in Arlington, 8am at Rudy's.

I'm waiting to be sure that the Collin County Skywarn class is cancelled/rescheduled before I commit to breakfast. I believe I will know something on Thursday.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

This breakfast is for the "Fort Worth" side of DFW.

Hopefully, some Tarrant County/Parker County/Palo Pinto County members will make an appearance.

Several 3rd Saturdays, the Arlington attendees have been bitterclinger (Dallas County), flightmare (Collin County), strogg and SIA (both Denton County).
It's not hard work for us on the Dallas side of town to make these. Let's see some of you Funkytown Fort Worth guys and gals make it! :-)

SIA
Last edited by surprise_i'm_armed on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm This breakfast is for the "Fort Worth" side of DFW.

Hopefully, some Tarrant County/Parker County/Palo Pinto County members will make an appearance.

Several 3rd Saturdays, the Arlinigton attendees have been bitterclinger (Dallas County), flightmare (Collin County), strogg and SIA (both Denton County).
It's not hard work for us on the Dallas side of town to make these. Let's see some of you Funkytown Fort Worth guys and gals make it! :-)

SIA
I have made it, I will try to make it again, timing is everything! Crazy2medic (Parker County)
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 am
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm This breakfast is for the "Fort Worth" side of DFW.

Several 3rd Saturdays, the Arlinigton attendees have been bitterclinger (Dallas County), flightmare (Collin County), strogg and SIA (both Denton County).

SIA
I have made it, I will try to make it again, timing is everything! Crazy2medic (Parker County)
Same here.

I'd make a lot more of them if the venue wasn't an hour away from my home.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

SIA
Same here.

Any 2A friendly breakfast places to have a meet in Weatherford area?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Yes!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, if Weatherford would attract more of our members, I'd be game to go somewhere different than Arlington.

The members who might wish to get together and choose a new site would be those who have attended Arlington in the past, to wit:
crazy2medic, bblhd762, jusme, nano, Excaliber, and SigM4. Since inertia rules, until acted upon by another force, we'll continue to meet at Rudy's Arlington.

The new site would have to be somewhere with a large seating area where we could have one of our 3 or 4 hour breakfasts, without getting stink-eyed by the waitstaff because they can't "turn" our table. That's why Rudy's BBQ in both Frisco and Arlington have been great: huge seating capacity, and bottomless coffee after you buy Cup 1.

Except for the exceptionally loud Frisco ice machine!!! :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

strogg
Posts in topic: 35

Post by strogg »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 pm

SIA
You mean the ice machine that seems to only have a problem with you? Haha

I'm feeling much better this week. Barring any crazy unforeseen problems, I'll be seeing y'all on Saturday. Can't wait!

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

strogg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:15 am
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 pm

SIA
You mean the ice machine that seems to only have a problem with you? Haha

I'm feeling much better this week. Barring any crazy unforeseen problems, I'll be seeing y'all on Saturday. Can't wait!
I think I'm going to hit the range. 10:30 at DFW.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

If I don't have to work, I plan to be there.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hack Job »

I'm in for Weatherford.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

I think I am going to have to bail. Skullcop needs my help moving some stuff.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 am
Excaliber wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

SIA
Same here.

Any 2A friendly breakfast places to have a meet in Weatherford area?

[/quote]

The Sunnyside Cafe on Main Street is 2A friendly. Crazy2medic and I have had breakfast there while OC after prior check with management. It's not nearly as big as Rudy's, but they are very accommodating.

I'll stop by and talk to the manager and ask if we could reserve a spot once a month for our meetings without causing grief to his business.

If that doesn't work out I'll find another spot.

[/quote]
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I stopped at Sunnyside Cafe today and spoke to the manager. He'd be delighted to have us, but 8:00 on Saturday mornings are very busy for him and he can't allow a table to go for two hours without a turn in customers. His place is too small to make that a good business decision.

I visited the Cracker Barrel in Weatherford (I20 West service road just west of Exit 408 - next to Whataburger) and spoke to the manager there. She said she would be delighted to have us, they have 3 dining rooms and letting us have a couple of tables for 2- 3 hours on a Saturday would be no problem for them. She also said if we call the night before they'll have a couple of tables put together for us when we arrive. 'So far, so good, right?

However, their restaurant policy is open carry only for LEO's in uniform. Concealed carry is fine, printing is not an issue, but full open carry is a no go.

I'll stop in at a couple of other nearby places on I20 and Fort Worth Highwayt next time I get a chance and see if there is a more permissive opportunity.
Excaliber

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

What about Whistle Hills Cafe on the square? Haven’t been there since it was Weatherford Cafe (wife loved the banana pancakes). Only problem again is the size and hogging a couple tables during morning rush.

That’s it, we need to convince Rudy’s to open up a spot in Weatherford. Though I have heard Hard 8 BBQ is coming to Hudson Oaks. Wonder if they do breakfast?
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “Off-Topic”