DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 70
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

kayt00 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm I guess I answered my own question. Showed up with my step son and we both had a good time. On the way home he asked how "old people" knew so much about cars LOL. Anyway thanks for the good time, good conversation and the challenge coin Flightmare. Can't wait for next year. Everyone that came I hope ya'll made it home safe.
kayt00: I really had a good laugh at your stepson's comment! I was the one who had quite a long discussion with your stepson about all manner of information regarding muscle cars, movie cars, and lots of other vehicle talk. The reason that I know lots about cars is that I have been on this earth 5.3 decades longer than his 13 year old self, and when you've loved cars for years, the information piles up.

I didn't want him to sit there bored while the adults talked gun stuff for hours, so I moved to his end of the table, and found him to be quite talkative since cars were his thing. Bring him next time too, and I may be successful in getting him to remember that there are no 1966 Camaro's! :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 15

Post by kayt00 »

SIA: That may be one thing that he remembers but time will tell. The weekend before last his mom and I spent hours helping him study for a retake on a math test to be retaken no more than 24 hours later...he failed it again. But cars are something he DEFINITELY gets into.
I appreciate you giving him the opportunity to chat about it. We'll definitely try to get there for the next one. 😁
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Flightmare »

Breakfast reminder! This coming up Saturday at Rudy's in Frisco, 8am. Hope to see y'all there!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Grundy1133 »

i *MAY* actually attend this weekend if i dont have to work overtime. what time do you meet up?
NRA Member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm i *MAY* actually attend this weekend if i dont have to work overtime. what time do you meet up?
People usually start showing up at 8am. We've had people roll in later than that. Come on down!

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Grundy1133 »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm i *MAY* actually attend this weekend if i dont have to work overtime. what time do you meet up?
People usually start showing up at 8am. We've had people roll in later than that. Come on down!
If I'm not obligated to work overtime I think i might! I FINALLY got a new car that's reliable and that i'd feel comfortable driving to frisco and back.
NRA Member

strogg
Posts in topic: 61

Post by strogg »

I'll definitely be dropping by this Saturday as usual. Any suggestions on what to carry this weekend?

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

800 AM - 1130 AM: I will be at Frisco Rudy's, then must leave, although many times we jabber until much later.
Grundy1133: We all look forward to meeting you. Just look for the table with a bunch of open carriers.

Noontime: My lunch date, also in Frisco, with a new redheaded gal. You guys will have to carry on without me after 1130! :-)

SIA

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bitter Clinger »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 pm 800 AM - 1130 AM: I will be at Frisco Rudy's, then must leave, although many times we jabber until much later.
Grundy1133: We all look forward to meeting you. Just look for the table with a bunch of open carriers.

Noontime: My lunch date, also in Frisco, with a new redheaded gal. You guys will have to carry on without me after 1130! :-)

SIA
WHAT? Not a range date? We were all planning to join you, strictly for moral support of course! :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

surprise_i'm_armed

bitterclinger: I'll have to find out how many sisters she has. :-)

I hope she's a shooter, so we can do Eagle Gun Range, Lewisville, on Tuesdays, which is Ladies Day.

SIA

strogg

Post by strogg »

Dang. How do you pick up these women, sia? Haha. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. Especially if Grundy can make it.

Speaking of range time, we should set up another range session. Last time was pretty fun.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bitter Clinger »

strogg wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 pm Dang. How do you pick up these women, sia? Haha. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. Especially if Grundy can make it.

Speaking of range time, we should set up another range session. Last time was pretty fun.
Well, we could go indoor to DFW again, or still want to check out Crossfire. Also we could go to Elm Fork, weather permitting and shoot steel. If we had enough folks that could commit to a date and a little more expense, could set up another private training day with Phil Ryan. Could do a 2 or 3 gun day maybe. Give it some thought and we can discuss...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

strogg

Post by strogg »

Don't forget, breakfast is tomorrow. I may or may not show up, as I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the past couple days. If I'm not there, enjoy the breakfast, and I'll probably see y'all in Arlington next week.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Reminder for everyone! Next breakfast in is 2/9 at Rudy's in Frisco, 8am. I'm planning to be there!

strogg

Post by strogg »

As am I, providing I don't get sick again.

Return to “Off-Topic”