Is the right to bear arms outdated?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is the right to bear arms outdated?

Post by ScottDLS »

Is the right to freedom of the press outdated? :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

No.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

My God given Right shall never be outdated.

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CZp10 »

Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.
What those 24% want and what they get are two entirely different things.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely?
What's the difference? It says "shall not be infringed" which is unambiguous. Anybody willing to accept restrictions is already pretending it doesn't exist.
"hic sunt dracones"

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

anygunanywhere wrote:
CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.
What those 24% want and what they get are two entirely different things.
Indeed, there was around half the voters in the country who wanted Hillary to be elected. I'm thankful that there are enough people to prevent that from happening.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bear in mind that this is the web site of a small paper in California. I don't think the 24% is representative of the U.S. population as a whole (for purposes of discussion, I'm ignoring the whole "is Kalifornia really part of the U.S. in the first place, question).

deertrax

Post by deertrax »

No.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

23% ban handguns from non LEO, 55% want stricter gun sale laws, 37% want stricter US gun policy
http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
My personal opinion is we, as pro 2A people, should be doing more to try to explain our view constructively to those who don’t “like” guns.

tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

I bet those 24% would also like to abolish capitalism.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

CZp10 wrote:23% ban handguns from non LEO, 55% want stricter gun sale laws, 37% want stricter US gun policy
http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
My personal opinion is we, as pro 2A people, should be doing more to try to explain our view constructively to those who don’t “like” guns.
I'm retired. I've got better things to do than try to convince someone who doesn't like me or my guns to like me or my guns. I don't care what they like or don't like. Trying to constructively convince those individuals is like explaining quantum theory to that white stuff on chicken poo.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jason812

Post by jason812 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
I'm retired. I've got better things to do than try to convince someone who doesn't like me or my guns to like me or my guns. I don't care what they like or don't like. Trying to constructively convince those individuals is like explaining quantum theory to that white stuff on chicken poo.
:iagree: You're not going to change their mind anyway.

And the white dot on chicken poo, it's chicken poo too.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jason812 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
:iagree: You're not going to change their mind anyway.

And the white dot on chicken poo, it's chicken poo too.
:mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”