Professor Claims Math, Algebra And Geometry Promote ‘White Privilege’

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Professor Claims Math, Algebra And Geometry Promote ‘White Privilege’

Post by chasfm11 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
MaduroBU wrote:Math is a powerful skill, and literally everyone benefits from at least understanding calculus. Why not focus upon improving math education for everyone?
Schools aren’t for education. They are for indoctrination.
:iagree: If they wanted students to think for themselves, they wouldn't be doing just about everything that they are doing. The worst news is that every one of the current plans for education will only make it worse, IMHO.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Never heard of either woman and...don't care to.

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Captain Matt »

MaduroBU wrote:Math is a powerful skill, and literally everyone benefits from at least understanding calculus. Why not focus upon improving math education for everyone?
Because mathematics teaches you to think logically, and that's the last thing Democrats want their subjects to do.
"hic sunt dracones"

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

chasfm11 wrote:Just when you think that the last Liberal "philosopher" has come up with the most bizarre collection of unwarranted conclusions, another one steps forward and says "hold my beer." :biggrinjester:
"rlol"
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

It is better to be thought of a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
I truly hope I've never said anything this foolish even when having a few too many beers in my youth.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Captain Matt wrote:
Because mathematics teaches you to think logically, and that's the last thing Democrats want their subjects to do.
Also math stays the same. Even though pies aren't square, pi*r^2 is the same today as it was in ancient times. This doesn't fit the ever changing liberal narrative to suit their cause of the day.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I’ve been in faculty training where we were instructed that the lecture format in university courses is actually a result of white supremacy. The logic was that whites have better high schools than blacks and so white students learned in high school how to learn in lecture format. Blacks on the other hand can’t learn in lecture format cause they had poor high schoools and so haven’t developed the ability to learn in lecture format. So instead we should go to “active learning” during which time students don’t listen to a prof lecture but instead teach each other by playing games. In the same training a recommended practice was to involve students by having them write their own exams. Needless to say I’m gonna leave this university.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Off-Topic”