D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6133
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#1

Post by philip964 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm


User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#2

Post by G26ster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#3

Post by WTR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

:iagree:


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#4

Post by montgomery » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.
:iagree:

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3526
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#5

Post by bblhd672 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

montgomery wrote:
G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.
:iagree:

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?
The people who are constantly "outraged" over everything probably don't pay any taxes, so it's not their money so why be upset?


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7831
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#6

Post by Abraham » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:15 pm

franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.

User avatar

OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#7

Post by OldCannon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 pm

I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

In the end, politicians win. Always.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3401
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#8

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:33 pm

OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

In the end, politicians win. Always.
I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#9

Post by rotor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

In the end, politicians win. Always.
I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.
Flake did. I didn't know Strange did too.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#10

Post by striker55 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 am

While resigning he mentions Trump, class act for an ass.

User avatar

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#11

Post by parabelum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 am

Abraham wrote:franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.
I suggest new legislation imposing strick penalties for these “shenanigans” be called “Franken-Weiner” act. :lol::
III%


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6133
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#12

Post by philip964 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:07 am

G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ign-300843

He is being urged to unresign. So he could be back.


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#13

Post by OneGun » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am

philip964 wrote:
G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ign-300843

He is being urged to unresign. So he could be back.
Here is what I find Hypocritical:
At least four senators are urging Al Franken to reconsider resigning, including two who issued statements calling for the resignation two weeks ago and said they now feel remorse over what they feel was a rush to judgment.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who urged Franken not to step down to begin with — at least not before he went through an Ethics Committee investigation — said the Minnesota senator was railroaded by fellow Democrats.

What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” said West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin in an interview for POLITICO’s Off Message podcast to post on Tuesday.
Didn't see them feel so remorseful when they rush to judge Republicans or POTUS. The Democrats state their opinions as facts and MSM eats it up. Democrats are entitled to their opinions, but not their own facts.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

bigtek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#14

Post by bigtek » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

Now that they can't use Franken as a club against Moore, they want him to stay.
Image

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

#15

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:18 am

my money is on "Franken resigning" being the equivalent of "Moving to Canada". All lip-service......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”