Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LDB415
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by LDB415 »

Didn't watch any of it and didn't miss anything. If I had family playing I'd watch the last 3/4's or so of the game, maybe. Not sure I'd even do that. Values and principles sometimes have to outweigh even family. YMMV.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Another Super Bowl come and gone that I didn't watch. I don't have regular TV such as cable or satellite, and it's not important enough to me to pay some extra money to see it on my computer.

It's just not important like when I was a kid.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Deitz83 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:25 am Watched the entire game. My nephew now has a superbowl ring. His first year in the NFL and he managed to get on a superbowl winning team.
That is pretty cool! Who is your nephew? Wow! You have to be proud of him.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deitz83 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:22 pm
Deitz83 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:25 am Watched the entire game. My nephew now has a superbowl ring. His first year in the NFL and he managed to get on a superbowl winning team.
Anthony Hines III, he is on the practice squad (I/R). He did not play in the game. The Dallas Cowboys drafted him in the fall of 2021, traded him to Washington, then Washington traded him to LA. He is a Texas A & M graduate with a degree in finance. He got his degree in 3 years. My other nephew is in law school at the University of Miami. He is in his 2nd year of law school. He is in interning for the Miami Dolphins legal department. Both are really great young men.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Deitz83 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:53 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:22 pm
Anthony Hines III, he is on the practice squad (I/R). He did not play in the game. The Dallas Cowboys drafted him in the fall of 2021, traded him to Washington, then Washington traded him to LA. He is a Texas A & M graduate with a degree in finance. He got his degree in 3 years. My other nephew is in law school at the University of Miami. He is in his 2nd year of law school. He is in interning for the Miami Dolphins legal department. Both are really great young men.
My son Graduated from University of Houston school of law. Passed his bar and now 8-10 years later doesn't practice law. When he graduated there was a huge glut of lawyers and they were getting paid horribly. I don't know if it has changed or not but having the credentials definitely made him worth more money in the oil industry in Houston.

Getting a Super Bowl ring would have to be one very proud moment, even on the practice team. I played football some in high school. I played right corner bench warmer but got a trophy. LOL My claim to fame.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

we watched Olympics all day and a touch f puppy bowl
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

I stayed at church all day up until 11:00PM. No need to watch it.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:11 am
Congratulations that’s pretty cool for him.
I agree. And for a close relative playing, I would probably break down and watch the game. Til then, my apologies to your nephew Deitz83, but I do not care for the NFL.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”