Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by Killadocg23 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am I am not a moderator, but it looks like, there are some in this thread who may getting dangerously close to having posts deleted, and possibly banned. I realize, that Nike's advertising, using Kapernick, is a polarizing issue, but lets not forget, that we represent the sane people. Personal, attacks, and potentially racist, interjections are not why we have have this forum.

Buy Nike's, don't buy Nike's, the whole discussion, is not worth dividing us. We can all express our opinions, but if we disagree, that's ok too. JMHO
Agree with this sir ! Truth right here .

Oak Threeper
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oak Threeper »

Vote Beto. Vote Cruz. The whole discussion is not worth dividing us. :evil2:

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

Oak Threeper wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm Vote Beto. Vote Cruz. The whole discussion is not worth dividing us. :evil2:

I'll respectfully disagree. If we let beto and the like start winning elections, it won't much matter matter if you can talk about the guns you used to have, on a forum. :tiphat:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

Lefties try to disguise themselves 'as' Conservative...transparent/obvious and funny.

Said in my best Nelson Muntz voice - Ha! Ha!

I corrected 'are' an error into 'as' as I originally intended...sigh.

On another note: A tiny minority of lefties loudly post on this forum, while others try to sneak in...always/eventually reveal themselves for what they are...
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm
Well it’s a good thing that it’s YOUR Opinion and you don’t speak for all Americans of this great country. Many Americans love this country and will continue to support Nike. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your views , they are Anti -American? That’s laughable and sounds like something somebody from the left would say. Didn’t see how Nike showed any anti American bias? Because Colin Kap was on the face of their commercial? That’s what got under your skin? Just wow. Trust me sales in the US will NEVER be harmed over this in the long run. Nike stock is at the highest price it has been at before at 80 plus $. So I have no idea what you are talking about. It’s fine and dandy if you and others don’t support Nike. They make great products that last and I will continue to buy them :).
Choices have consequences, I prefer to buy "made in the USA" but hate buying stuff made by union thug workers. I would rather buy an America made car. Unfortunately, my Dodge was made in Mexico, but My Honda is American made (by non-union workers) My favorite clothing maker doesn't make all of its clothes in Duluth but in Indonesia. Well, at least they aren't made in a Red Communist country that has declared us their enemy. We should try to support companies that lean towards loving our country and values and away from the enemy.

There is evil in this world, and most people don't want to support evil. The problem is, that it isn't always so clear. Who is evil and Who is trying to make the world a better place. Those who know with certainty must be a lot smarter than me, because I can't always tell the difference.

Starbucks ? Left leaning? Yes, but they seem to care about the 3rd world farmers. and they have improved many lives. many otherwise unemployable college graduate snowflakes have found employment there.

Nike?? I detest them over the Kaper events, but they have supported sports on our campuses, But really, to claim they make a "great product that last" They are overpriced garbage. Addidas and Reebok are not only slash free, but they a superior product.

We make our own choices based on what we know, and how our conscience dictates. I don't support the NFL anymore at all, but I can't expect everyone . not even otherwise conservative folks to have the same commitment. Just don't expect to watch the game at my house when visiting, or expect me to hang around if you have that nonsense on while I'm visiting. I don't even go to chicken wing places anymore. but I won't think less of folks who do. Although I prefer folks didn't wear their Nike slashed NFL gear into my house, I won't ask them to leave because of it. I may choose not to share my beer with them.

We all see things differently, Although we might see the same things, we will see them differently. It's called perspective.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Liberty,

You are NOT to have your own perspective, but MUST follow the collective/herd (read leftist) as it so dictates or else...

Now, buy Nike because the Nike reps (and other leftists) insist you must or they'll huff and puff and go go all Berkeley on you...how dare you besmirch their anti-American philosophy and equally low quality products...?

You, you, American you...

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Liberty wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 am
Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm
Well it’s a good thing that it’s YOUR Opinion and you don’t speak for all Americans of this great country. Many Americans love this country and will continue to support Nike. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your views , they are Anti -American? That’s laughable and sounds like something somebody from the left would say. Didn’t see how Nike showed any anti American bias? Because Colin Kap was on the face of their commercial? That’s what got under your skin? Just wow. Trust me sales in the US will NEVER be harmed over this in the long run. Nike stock is at the highest price it has been at before at 80 plus $. So I have no idea what you are talking about. It’s fine and dandy if you and others don’t support Nike. They make great products that last and I will continue to buy them :).
Choices have consequences, I prefer to buy "made in the USA" but hate buying stuff made by union thug workers. I would rather buy an America made car. Unfortunately, my Dodge was made in Mexico, but My Honda is American made (by non-union workers) My favorite clothing maker doesn't make all of its clothes in Duluth but in Indonesia. Well, at least they aren't made in a Red Communist country that has declared us their enemy. We should try to support companies that lean towards loving our country and values and away from the enemy.

There is evil in this world, and most people don't want to support evil. The problem is, that it isn't always so clear. Who is evil and Who is trying to make the world a better place. Those who know with certainty must be a lot smarter than me, because I can't always tell the difference.

Starbucks ? Left leaning? Yes, but they seem to care about the 3rd world farmers. and they have improved many lives. many otherwise unemployable college graduate snowflakes have found employment there.

Nike?? I detest them over the Kaper events, but they have supported sports on our campuses, But really, to claim they make a "great product that last" They are overpriced garbage. Addidas and Reebok are not only slash free, but they a superior product.

We make our own choices based on what we know, and how our conscience dictates. I don't support the NFL anymore at all, but I can't expect everyone . not even otherwise conservative folks to have the same commitment. Just don't expect to watch the game at my house when visiting, or expect me to hang around if you have that nonsense on while I'm visiting. I don't even go to chicken wing places anymore. but I won't think less of folks who do. Although I prefer folks didn't wear their Nike slashed NFL gear into my house, I won't ask them to leave because of it. I may choose not to share my beer with them.

We all see things differently, Although we might see the same things, we will see them differently. It's called perspective.
Good points. And I agree like I said we all have opinions and perspective on things. You don’t support the NFL and I will continue to watch it. You don’t want to buy NIkes because you feel they are over priced garbage is fine with me sir. I will continue to buy Nike. I beg to differ that they are over priced garbage but to each their own. It’s a reason they are at the pinnacle of the sports gear world. But for some one in this thread to suggest you are “non American” because you don’t side with them or believe in theirs views is absurd. Thank you for a real response sir.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

My opinion: "If any business displays anti-American bias, why would I or anyone who loves this country buy their products?"

Not the same as calling anyone non-American isn't it?

It's a question, not name calling.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Kapernick is protesting a fake injustice and disrespecting the vast majority of Americans, especially those that served in the military. Nike is magnifying his idiocy by using him in its commercials. They are cynically targeting the "hate America" demographic that they believe buys their shoes. I want no part of that and refuse to buy their products, even if they are good quality/price. I stopped watching the NFL, even the Cowboys, who I like, because I don't want to support the League and their pathetic, disgusting, left wing leadership. I'll watch again when every player stands for the Anthem, every time, at every game. No loss to them, but I at least have control over my choices.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

ScottDLS,

Very well said!

Your perspective is shared by millions in this country though it galls lefties...

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm Kapernick is protesting a fake injustice and disrespecting the vast majority of Americans, especially those that served in the military. Nike is magnifying his idiocy by using him in its commercials. They are cynically targeting the "hate America" demographic that they believe buys their shoes. I want no part of that and refuse to buy their products, even if they are good quality/price. I stopped watching the NFL, even the Cowboys, who I like, because I don't want to support the League and their pathetic, disgusting, left wing leadership. I'll watch again when every player stands for the Anthem, every time, at every game. No loss to them, but I at least have control over my choices.
Glad you shared your opinion. Thanks. I have family and friends who are veterans and currently serve who aren’t disrespected and know many more who arent disrespected. So when you speak you don’t speak for all military personnel. Like you said that is your “opinion”and I respect that. We can disagree all day but respect should be given to our opinions and one shouldn’t label some one as “anti” American because they don’t agree with our “perspective”. I respect your decision to not watch but one should not try and belittle or bring about negativity when they share a different opinion than theirs.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm Kapernick is protesting a fake injustice and disrespecting the vast majority of Americans, especially those that served in the military. Nike is magnifying his idiocy by using him in its commercials. They are cynically targeting the "hate America" demographic that they believe buys their shoes. I want no part of that and refuse to buy their products, even if they are good quality/price. I stopped watching the NFL, even the Cowboys, who I like, because I don't want to support the League and their pathetic, disgusting, left wing leadership. I'll watch again when every player stands for the Anthem, every time, at every game. No loss to them, but I at least have control over my choices.
Glad you shared your opinion. Thanks. I have family and friends who are veterans and currently serve who aren’t disrespected and know many more who arent disrespected. So when you speak you don’t speak for all military personnel. Like you said that is your “opinion”and I respect that. We can disagree all day but respect should be given to all our opinions and one shouldn’t label some one as “anti” American because they don’t agree with our “perspective”. I respect your decision to not watch but one should not try and belittle or bring about negativity when they share a different opinion than theirs.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yeaaaah, ok, sure...makes sense.

2 posts, but essentially saying the same thing.

(someone's frustrated, eh?)
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 17

Post by LDB415 »

Some people have stronger feelings and beliefs than others. Nike makes ok stuff but there are other options that are just as good for those who feel strongly about this issue and refuse to give credibility to Nike. For those who don't care there's still Nike.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm
Glad you shared your opinion. Thanks. I have family and friends who are veterans and currently serve who aren’t disrespected and know many more who arent disrespected. So when you speak you don’t speak for all military personnel. Like you said that is your “opinion”and I respect that. We can disagree all day but respect should be given to all our opinions and one shouldn’t label some one as “anti” American because they don’t agree with our “perspective”. I respect your decision to not watch but one should not try and belittle or bring about negativity when they share a different opinion than theirs.
No problem. In this case Kap, Nike, and the NFL are wrong, and people on my side are right. :tiphat:

They can hold whatever opinion they wish, no matter how stupid. But they can’t change the facts. The facts are there is no widespread bias against biracial men of color by the cops and they are not getting away with killing them for no reason.

The NFL leadership and sports press IS filled with left wing, America hating, commies, anti gun authoritarians, etc. They prove it daily. ;-)
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”