You missed one of the great Super Bowl games!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

You missed one of the great Super Bowl games!

Post by Scott B. »

:patriot:

What a game!! Outcome in question until the final seconds. Great contest.

Only question is how much of Philadelphia will need renovation tomorrow? :evil2:

- Posted from my Pixel 2
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You missed one of the great Super Bowl games!

Post by C-dub »

I doubt it. I didn't see it and don't miss it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

And I still don't regret skipping the game one bit.

To be honest, my interest level in pro football has been dropping for the last 15 years or so. The absurd policies they have on everything from blacking out local TV coverage when games don't sell out to suing anyone who uses the "SB" name, were a driver. But for whatever reason, I just found myself less and less interested in watching a bunch of guys who get paid millions of dollars to run fast and throw / catch a ball. Yes, they are really good at it, but in the end they are just guys who can run a bit faster than most and who are well coordinated.

The latest trend of first the players, and then the league, disrespecting our country and our veterans was just the final straw. I can live without professional football. And I am simply no longer willing to support those who disrespect our country and our veterans.

Although I am happy to hear that the cheaters in NE lost, if I am reading the last part of your post correctly.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Scott B. wrote: :patriot:

Only question is how much of Philadelphia will need renovation tomorrow? :evil2:

- Posted from my Pixel 2
Was a good game. Commercials in general were lame.

One ironic note, the emoji you used is actually named patriot. LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

There was a game?
Attachments
There was a game?
There was a game?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
The absurd policies they have on everything from blacking out local TV coverage when games don't sell out to suing anyone who uses the "SB" name, were a driver.
Remember that great movie "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" where John Candy gets up and says "How about them Cowboys!!" Some NFL jerk had a hissy fit about them using the copyrighted "Cowboys" word, so they overwrote the sound track to say "How about that football game!!" Jeez. Beyond ridiculous. I haven't really watched football since the Landry/Staubach days.
-Ruark

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Ruark wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
The absurd policies they have on everything from blacking out local TV coverage when games don't sell out to suing anyone who uses the "SB" name, were a driver.
Remember that great movie "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" where John Candy gets up and says "How about them Cowboys!!" Some NFL jerk had a hissy fit about them using the copyrighted "Cowboys" word, so they overwrote the sound track to say "How about that football game!!" Jeez. Beyond ridiculous. I haven't really watched football since the Landry/Staubach days.
Super Bowl! Super Bowl! Super Bowl! My posts are the Super Bowl of the Forum! My Jeep is the Super Bowl of cars. And I had a massive Super Bowl NOT WATCHING party at my house! And I sang the Happy Birthday song without paying royalties to Time Warner. I say Bam! without crediting Emeril Lagasse and say Delish and EVOO without paying Rachel Ray Enterprises LLC..... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Scott B. wrote::patriot:

- Posted from my Pixel 2
Another reason to despise the NFL as “fans” in Philadelphia destroyed business, personal and city property. A report I read mischaracterized the people involved in looting as “fans” instead of criminals.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Scott B. wrote::patriot:

- Posted from my Pixel 2
Glad you enjoyed it!

I still enjoy watching and following the college game, so I get the entertainment value of a game(s).

The NFL, however has lost my business.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Jay2121
Banned

Post by Jay2121 »

Did not miss a thing, I have a life. Dinner with my bride and a nice walk after,

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

I was busy sorting my sock drawer.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

PhilBob

Post by PhilBob »

I really enjoyed watching old episodes of Big Bang Theory instead! I've also become a big NHL fan since swearing off the NFL.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

PhilBob wrote:I really enjoyed watching old episodes of Big Bang Theory instead! I've also become a big NHL fan since swearing off the NFL.
The interesting thing about Hockey is that the Canadians are respectful of the American Flag just as the Americans show respect for the Canadian.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Spent some time at the plate rack. Range was really empty. So, yes, I did enjoy the game.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “Off-Topic”