Ugh never ever order from.fwtguns.com

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 3

Ugh never ever order from.fwtguns.com

Post by bobby »

Wow this is a hassle. Placed order on the 19th of last month. Called after a week per girl they ship in 5 to 10 business days. Ok. Day 11 no shipping. Chat no answer, email no answer and called no answer. Chat day 12 shipping person will be in 2 hours. Ok 2 and 1/2 hours later no call tried to chat. Went offline after I asked emailed called no answer also. Now day 13. Chat she said “ I told you it will be this week or sometime next week” my response was no you didn’t. Her response was to shut off chat. It’s disabled on not showing up on webpage. Geez what a pain Great price if I ever get it. Guess I will have to call New York on them. Ugh
:txflag:

superstar
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ugh never ever order from.fwtguns.com

Post by superstar »

Can you call your credit card company and report fraud? Make sure to e-mail the seller first notifying them that they will be reported to the AG and your bank for fraud. That usually speeds up things. Good luck.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Let them know you are cancelling the order, preferably via e-mail. Then dispute the charge with your credit card company for non-delivery of the goods ordered.

This is a straightforward process and is unfortunately something you need to do with certain less than good companies.

You could also file a complaint with the AG's office in the state where they are based, but that should not be necessary if you just want to get your money back.

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Update looks like it’s ships Friday. Yeah sure right.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I ordered a gun from them recently and had no issues, shipped within a few days. First time using them though so who knows.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Let them know you are cancelling the order, preferably via e-mail. Then dispute the charge with your credit card company for non-delivery of the goods ordered.

This is a straightforward process and is unfortunately something you need to do with certain less than good companies.
This right here is what I would do next.
Psalm 91:2

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Many company's are taking an inventory feed from some distributors and putting that on their websites to make it appear that they have it in stock. The time difference between your order and the order with the distributor can result in the item no longer being available even though you think you purchased the item the dealer has not. Also the distributor needs to send it to the dealer you purchased from who in turn needs to send it to your FFL. That results in many days for transportation alone. There is a value to local gun shops, some just place more of a value on price than they do on service...
Last edited by Salty1 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salty1

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Salty1 wrote:Many company's are taking an inventory feed from some distributors and putting that on their websites to make it appear that they have it in stock. The time difference between your order and the order with the distributor can result in the item no longer being available 3ven though ypu think you purcjased the item. Also the distributor needs to send it to the dealer you purchased from who in turn needs to send it to your FFL. That results in many days for transportation alone. There is a value to local gun shops, some just place more of a value on price than they do on service...

I agree.. Grab A Gun is one of my favorite online stores, but even though they show an item in stock it's not always on the shelf.. They have to first order it from their supplier...

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Yep I understand that. All should of been well if they had just did as such. I’m ok with that but tell me that right off the bat. They still haven’t said why just blew me off.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Several GunBroker F ratings on most recent feedback, including one no gun and no refund. More F ratings as you read, 13 out of 37 for that last 30 days. They are no longer a registered user on GunBroker - apparently items ending 1-31-18 were the last listings. I'd say something going south at the company. JMHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

superstar

Post by superstar »

puma guy wrote:Several GunBroker F ratings on most recent feedback, including one no gun and no refund. More F ratings as you read, 13 out of 37 for that last 30 days. They are no longer a registered user on GunBroker - apparently items ending 1-31-18 were the last listings. I'd say something going south at the company. JMHO
Thanks for the heads up. That's one of the companies that have the lowest prices available.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Salty1 wrote:Many company's are taking an inventory feed from some distributors and putting that on their websites to make it appear that they have it in stock. The time difference between your order and the order with the distributor can result in the item no longer being available even though you think you purchased the item the dealer has not. Also the distributor needs to send it to the dealer you purchased from who in turn needs to send it to your FFL. That results in many days for transportation alone. There is a value to local gun shops, some just place more of a value on price than they do on service...
Gearfire, or National Firearms Dealer Network, as they used to call themselves, is a provider of online shopping cart systems for gun dealers. One of my clients is a Flowermound dealer that uses them, and I had to set up their website to link to a “store” subdomain that is hosted by NFDN. Here’s a small list of websites that all use the Gearfire software:
You’ll note that when you get to the shopping cart part, they all look the same.....just the graphics are a little different.

In the case of my client, they both had inventory on hand, AND they sold from NFDN’s inventory. So if you bought from them direct, it was like any gun store experience. But if you bought online from their online store, delivery would be very much dependent on whether or not NFDN had the item in stock to ship to my client’s location for you to pick it up.

FWT uses another similar technology. Their store looks a lot like the PrimaryArms.com website. Possibly they use the same software suite.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Salty1 wrote:Also the distributor needs to send it to the dealer you purchased from who in turn needs to send it to your FFL. That results in many days for transportation alone.
Unless something has changed I don’t think this is always true. Many retailers drop ship directly from the distributor. Believe each distributor has their own requirements as to who (retailers) may do this based on the amount of business they do and so forth.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Regardless of what process or technology an online vendor may or may not use; given what I have been reading about Four Winds aka fwtguns.com I wouldn't buy from them nor recommend them. Where is that thumbs down emoticon???
bobby wrote:Wow this is a hassle............. Ugh
bobby, I hope you get your money back.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I buy stuff on the internet, but a firearm, not me...

Return to “Off-Topic”