Stop The Bleed - free medical training

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stop The Bleed - free medical training

Post by chasfm11 »

I attended the class in Ft. Worth yesterday put on by Lone Star Medics. I've taken one of his classes before and yesterday was a good refresher for some of the parts of the previous class. He "suggests" being able to self-apply a tourniquet in 12 seconds and had us practice doing that. It is a great way to cement your understanding of the mechanics if you are trying to do it in a hurry. I was also pleased to learn about a number of ways that he and the other students carried quick clot and a tourniquet on their bodies.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for posting this. They have a class coming up in Dallas on April 14.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

I also took a Stop the Bleed class yesterday. The majority in our class were fellow CERT folks.

It's well worth your time to track one down. At an hour and a half, it leaves you wanting more but they pack a lot of good information in that time. As our lead FD instructor stated, Stop the Bleed is much more likely, statistically, to save a life than CPR.

I'd taken a gunshot trauma class a little over a month ago and this was a great bookend to the CPR/First Aid/AED re-certification I'd completed between the two.

Link to find a class here in Texas: http://www.stopthebleedtx.org
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Wife and I went Saturday here in Plano. I realized that I need to upgrade my gear. Great class!!
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

At the risk of thread necromancy, I had looked at this thread quite a few times last year, and there was never a class offered close by and/or at a convenient time.
Apparently, May is National Stop the Bleed month, and 5/23/19 is National Stop the Bleed Day. There also happens to be a course offered a couple of miles from where I work in Longview. I’ll be driving back over this evening.
NRA lifetime member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I'm taking my wife and 3 sons to KR Training Saturday for Stop the Bleed.
50 miles east of Austin.
https://www.krtraining.com/schedule.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

I attempted to sign up for one in Flower Mound a few months back...called the contact number twice and left a message for the RN conducting the class to call and advise me if I was signed up for it...crickets.

I will find another place to train.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “Off-Topic”