Texas elected official gets misdemeanor, accused of berating a teen girl wearing Trump T-shirt

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Texas elected official gets misdemeanor, accused of berating a teen girl wearing Trump T-shirt

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/05/te ... shirt.html

Liberals are so nice, understanding and examples of the behavior we want our children to follow.
An elected official and Moms Demand Action member in the Houston metropolitan area was charged with a misdemeanor Wednesday for allegedly berating a young teenage girl wearing a Trump T-shirt.

The Harris County Precinct 1 Constable’s Office told Fox News that West University Place Councilwoman Kellye Burke was issued a citation for disorderly conduct Wednesday, which is punishable by fine.

“They were scared,” the father of one of the girls told the local news. “They were absolutely scared. My little girl essentially wanted to know if this woman was going to hurt her.”
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Re: Texas elected official gets misdemeanor, accused of berating a teen girl wearing Trump T-shirt

Post by ScottDLS »

bblhd672 wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/05/te ... shirt.html

Liberals are so nice, understanding and examples of the behavior we want our children to follow.
An elected official and Moms Demand Action member in the Houston metropolitan area was charged with a misdemeanor Wednesday for allegedly berating a young teenage girl wearing a Trump T-shirt.

The Harris County Precinct 1 Constable’s Office told Fox News that West University Place Councilwoman Kellye Burke was issued a citation for disorderly conduct Wednesday, which is punishable by fine.

“They were scared,” the father of one of the girls told the local news. “They were absolutely scared. My little girl essentially wanted to know if this woman was going to hurt her.”
Initially I was somewhat concerned that "berating" someone, regardless of whether I support their views, could be construed as a crime (disorderly conduct). I see this as a free speech issue. Even so called Hate Speech is protected. However when reading the article I find that the woman yelled and cursed and shook her fist directed at the child. I think if not rising to the level of assault, it may have warranted a Disorderly Conduct citation. However, this is a slippery slope and we should be careful lest we find ourselves censored unconstitutionally.
Last edited by ScottDLS on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

imkopaka

Re: Texas elected official gets misdemeanor, accused of berating a teen girl wearing Trump T-shirt

Post by imkopaka »

ScottDLS wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/05/te ... shirt.html

Initially I was somewhat concerned that "berating" someone, regardless of whether I support their views, could be construed as a crime (disorderly conduct). I see this as a free speech issue. Even so called Hate Speech is protected. However when reading the article I find that the woman yelled and cursed and shook her fist directed at the child. I think if not rising to the level of assault, it may have warranted a Disorderly Conduct citation. However, this is a slipper slope and we should be careful lest we find ourselves censored unconstitutionally.

This also took place at a church apparently. Profanity and angry tirades are never welcome at a church in my experience, but especially around and directed at minors. Sounds like a justified charge to me.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is the same woman who lied under oath while testifying in a Texas Senate committee hearing in 2015. Below is a link to an article explaining her lie as well as a link to her actual testimony.

Apparently, this woman is not only a liar, but a disgusting foul-mouthed one at that.

Chas.

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... and-action

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... -testimony

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

She's hearing about it on Twitter, FWIW. This particular tweet is not apropos, but in the comments...

https://twitter.com/KellyeBurkeTX/statu ... 1106072576
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

ELB

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Couldn't what she did be construed as assault? I mean if she were a republican, obviously, it would've been, right?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”