Is this video real?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Is this video real?

#1

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 pm

This is what I was talking about with Taurus guns firing on their own... (kind of) IDK if this video is real or not tho or if the guns been tampered with before hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
Image
NRA Member


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1504
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Is this video real?

#2

Post by twomillenium » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I would be willing to bet it was tampered with.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

Topic author
Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is this video real?

#3

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:14 pm

one of the comments on the video
There was a huge recall on this. If you own a PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138-Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; or PT-24/7 get a hold of Taurus and send it back. The new ones have a trigger block safety that won't release the sear unless the trigger is pulled. But it will still be a Taurus. ;-)
still enough to for me NOT buy taurus guns...
Image
NRA Member


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Is this video real?

#4

Post by flechero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:16 am

edited to add: My brazillion is a bit rusty but I think he said "hey look what I did, while attempting a trigger job on this old worn out pistol!" :lol:


I'm not suggesting the video is real or set up, just that you can find a malfunction in almost any brand on the web... if one bad gun was enough to steer us away, then there would be NO suitable guns left to buy!

I've witnessed Colt, Glock, M&P and XD failures in person, but don't rule out all those brands because of an isolated incident that I didn't diagnose.

User avatar

Topic author
Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is this video real?

#5

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 pm

flechero wrote:edited to add: My brazillion is a bit rusty but I think he said "hey look what I did, while attempting a trigger job on this old worn out pistol!" :lol:


I'm not suggesting the video is real or set up, just that you can find a malfunction in almost any brand on the web... if one bad gun was enough to steer us away, then there would be NO suitable guns left to buy!

I've witnessed Colt, Glock, M&P and XD failures in person, but don't rule out all those brands because of an isolated incident that I didn't diagnose.
well I read the comment son the video and above you i quoted one of the comments stating there was a massive recall on a lot of taurus guns. i looked it up and in fact there was a HUGE recall on multiple models of taurus guns
Image
NRA Member


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Is this video real?

#6

Post by flechero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Large scale gun recalls in the last few years... This is just from the first page of google and many of these brands also had recalls on multiple models:

Winchester
Springfield
Smith & Wesson
Glock
Bushmaster
Colt
Ruger
Remington
Sig
Taurus
Maverick
Honor Defens
Carkal
Weatherby

Plenty of expensive guns and plenty of good guns listed... own anything from that list?


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Is this video real?

#7

Post by treadlightly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Interesting thought - any striker fired pistol wiggles the sear engagement if there is any play in the slide rails.


PBratton
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1305
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Sugar Land, Texas

Re: Is this video real?

#8

Post by PBratton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Don't blame the gun, blame the operator...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor
NFA dealer.

User avatar

Topic author
Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is this video real?

#9

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm

flechero wrote:Large scale gun recalls in the last few years... This is just from the first page of google and many of these brands also had recalls on multiple models:

Winchester
Springfield
Smith & Wesson
Glock
Bushmaster
Colt
Ruger
Remington
Sig
Taurus
Maverick
Honor Defens
Carkal
Weatherby

Plenty of expensive guns and plenty of good guns listed... own anything from that list?
ok now which ones had recalls becuase the guns would go off without a trigger pull? that could be ANY recall from sights were on crooked or the magwell was too narrow. could be literally anything. im specifically talking about anything that would make the gun go off without me pulling a trigger....
Image
NRA Member

User avatar

Topic author
Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is this video real?

#10

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm

treadlightly wrote:Interesting thought - any striker fired pistol wiggles the sear engagement if there is any play in the slide rails.
most have a striker safety that doesnt engage unless the trigger is pulled. this particular model of gun didn't which is why i imagine it kept going off like that.
Image
NRA Member


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Is this video real?

#11

Post by flechero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:18 pm

several!


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Is this video real?

#12

Post by treadlightly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:
treadlightly wrote:Interesting thought - any striker fired pistol wiggles the sear engagement if there is any play in the slide rails.
most have a striker safety that doesnt engage unless the trigger is pulled. this particular model of gun didn't which is why i imagine it kept going off like that.
It's still something worth thinking about. For instance, the Sig P320. The striker is held at full cock, with minimal sear engagement. Not that a short-throw sear is a bad thing. It's what makes a 1911 trigger so wonderful.

The firing pin block doesn't re-engage until the trigger is returned to the fully forward, at-rest position. When the P320 returns to battery, it's just the sear that keeps it from firing again, and that depends on a precision fit between the slide and the fire control unit.

Or maybe my understanding of the mechanism is off.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”