Cosby Guilty - So How Long Does He Get To Remain Free?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Cosby Guilty - So How Long Does He Get To Remain Free?

Post by RossA »

And by the way, what you refer to as the "technical law perspective", I call the Constitution. Go to a veteran's cemetery and tell the heroes there that they died for a "technical law perspective."
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

carlson1 wrote:It is amazing today you don’t have to have any evidence just testimonies. No way to defend yourself when the testimonies are the only evidence. He said she said? No witnesses just one person’s story. I don’t know about Cosby, but I have seen it too many times in the last 10 years.
AGREED. Just amazing that somebody can say oh he raped me. I want 5 million dollars 40 years later is comical and the court system actually allows these people to get away with it

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

RossA wrote:As far as the priests who are accused of abusing children, I would indeed "defend" them to the extent that I would expect the cases against them to be proven individually. Once each case was proven, I would expect that the law impose whatever penalties are appropriate. But then again, I am both legally and morally bound by that silly old Constitution. How convenient that you aren't.
And what about the "victims"? Have you never seen cases where someone claims to be a victim but when the facts come out, there was really no crime to begin with? Someone wanted publicity, or money, or for some other reason accused someone falsely? I guess we should just assume that everyone who makes a claim is a victim and act upon that assumption without a trial and proof. Maybe in your world, but not in mine.
Maybe I'll just get some friends together and start posting that "Abraham is a child molester!" If enough people say so, and claim to be victims, then you must be guilty. Why bother with facts or fairness? That's the way you like to play the game. If it's fair for others, you must think it's fair for you, too.
Excellent post ! I dont think Abraham comprehends what you are trying to say. HE is letting his emotion and feelings get in the way of what is the RIGHT way to do things.

SkullCop
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SkullCop »

Only time will tell what will happen.
cosbyjared.jpg

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have deleted several post from this thread for personal attacks. It will soon be locked if you can’t stop!

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

He'll probably get out early and get a free helicopter ride to a NBA game.

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Bill Cosby was suddenly let out of jail a free man.

Some have suggested the timing was to over shadow Trump’s border visit.

Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision seems fair. DA in 2005 said he wouldn’t prosecute him publicly. He testifies in civil court and apparently tells the truth, victim gets 3 million.
Forward to 2018 me too movement new DA says doesn’t restrict me and uses his civil testimony against him.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bil ... 16478.html

Hollywood apparently not happy.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Lol.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 pm

Lol.
That's hilarious! "I is a broadcast news professional."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 pm

Lol.
Classic!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Bill Cosby is free. Britney Spears is not. Let that sink in.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:28 pm Hollywood apparently not happy.
Commiewood being unhappy brings me joy.

As far as Mr. Cosby….I would have to waste time looking into the trial evidence and the court’s decision to form an opinion….better things to do.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:15 pm

As far as Mr. Cosby….I would have to waste time looking into the trial evidence and the court’s decision to form an opinion….better things to do.
Short version....

Cosby was granted immunity from prosecution in a civil case stemming from the same rape conviction. The deal was not committed to writing and was granted by the previous DA. The next DA ran on (among other things) prosecuting Cosby. New DA gets elected. Prosecutes Cosby. Cosby is convicted and sentenced.

State supreme court ruled that the previous offer of immunity led to Cosby giving testimony used to convict him criminally and thus tossed his conviction.

While Cosby is still a convicted rapist and a despicable human, the court came to the correct decision here, IMO. What's the saying? Better a guilty man be set free than an innocent man be sent to prison.

What's most despicable are the morons trying to make it sound like this proves that Cosby isn't a rapist.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:03 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:15 pm

Short version....

Cosby was granted immunity from prosecution in a civil case stemming from the same rape conviction. The deal was not committed to writing and was granted by the previous DA. The next DA ran on (among other things) prosecuting Cosby. New DA gets elected. Prosecutes Cosby. Cosby is convicted and sentenced.

State supreme court ruled that the previous offer of immunity led to Cosby giving testimony used to convict him criminally and thus tossed his conviction.

While Cosby is still a convicted rapist and a despicable human, the court came to the correct decision here, IMO. What's the saying? Better a guilty man be set free than an innocent man be sent to prison.

What's most despicable are the morons trying to make it sound like this proves that Cosby isn't a rapist.
:iagree:

Return to “Off-Topic”