Cosby Guilty - So How Long Does He Get To Remain Free?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Cosby Guilty - So How Long Does He Get To Remain Free?

Post by Abraham »

SewTexas,

Read "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. It'll help you understand my point. It's a fairly short read...

This is how Cosby should spend the rest of his miserable life....

Sexual predators are the worst of us.

Crime by way of bank robbery or what have you, yeah, go straight to prison. You aren't honorable either, but you're not are sick. You're simply a disgustingly greedy criminal.

Sexual sickos deserve a long, painful journey to death.

Oh, too much?

Remember the victims.

The victimizer isn't to be considered kindly, except to break rocks with a sledge hammer or work on a chain gang.

Oh, let's pretend he's partially blind and demented...ever heard of con men who're especially expert at it as they are professional actors...?

He's one....

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by RossA »

[quote="Abraham
If you've proven a personal precedent for a particular type of unlawful sexual behavior, there's a reasonable expectation you'll quite possibly do it again.

Weirdo sex freaks aren't in the same category as bank robbers or car thieves or con men, they're depraved sickos.

Not just criminal....

Frankly, walking the plank would be too good for them.

As far as housing them as old guys in a rest home, nah, give em a hot shot and be done with it.

Oh, I'm too harsh?

How about if it was your mother, sister, aunt, etc.

Yeah, you'd change your mind right now, no waiting.[/quote]

Abraham, look at your quotes above. You seem to believe that we should convict someone in a given case based upon what they did in a previous case or cases, no matter how innocent they be now.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Cosby is definitely guilty and will end up in prison. The sad thing is that Cosby was an inspiration to so many young black people, pushing them into higher education, to be respectful and hard working. He had an important role in life to help these young people and now it turns out to all be a lie in that he really is the devil. His total worth was over $400 million. He could have done so much and it is tragic to see the potential that was lost. The final issue is that no matter how much you think you know someone, you never really know what their sexual behavior is like. The inner secrets of the mind.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

rotor wrote:Cosby is definitely guilty and will end up in prison. The sad thing is that Cosby was an inspiration to so many young black people, pushing them into higher education, to be respectful and hard working. He had an important role in life to help these young people and now it turns out to all be a lie in that he really is the devil. His total worth was over $400 million. He could have done so much and it is tragic to see the potential that was lost. The final issue is that no matter how much you think you know someone, you never really know what their sexual behavior is like. The inner secrets of the mind.
This is one of the problems with all of humanity. What he taught in the Black community was not a lie, it was the difficult truth that so many needed to hear. The issue is not the fault of the message, but of the messenger. Once we find out that the messenger is flawed, we tend to disregard the message, no matter how valid it is.
If we demand sinless messengers, then we will never listen to any message.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RossA,

I have a question.

Given some of your stances regarding Cosby, and I'm not accusing you of being a liberal, but are you?

If so, then I understand better why you seem so gentle regarding criminals.

Or, am I wrong?

For reasons beyond my understanding, liberals seem to care more about criminals then their victims.

Puzzling to say the least....

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

LOL! You will search a long time before you find anyone who accuses me of being a liberal!
You say that I am "gentle regarding criminals." You apparently haven't read anything I wrote. I believe in the Constitution. In fact, I believe in it so much that long ago I raised my hand and took an oath to defend it. I then backed up that oath by leading combat troops far away in not so nice circumstances. No one has ever relieved me of that oath, nor have I sought relief.
You seem to believe that to be accused is enough, and guilt can be assumed from the accusation. And further, that a prior offense means that someone is guilty of a present accusation. You and I are miles apart on that issue.
Those of us who have read the Constitution, and who believe in it, know that to assume guilt from a mere accusation is to spit upon the graves of those who have died for the due process rights guaranteed by our way of government. I fought for those rights, and I will not abandon them now. I demand them for myself, and I therefore will not refuse them to others.
IF, and only IF, a person is afforded his guaranteed rights and is found guilty, then punish him to the full extent of the law. But that comes AFTER the proper procedures have been followed in order to assure that we are not convicting someone on mere accusation. We fought a revolution over that sort of thing.
By the way, I have often found that where a person stands is often dependent upon where he sits. When (God forbid), you see your name on an indictment that says The State Of Texas vs. Abraham, then I bet you will be quick to lawyer up and demand all of the protections which you would deny to others.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RosssA,

Your curriculum vitae is admirable.

Since I've pretty much already presented my arguments, I am disturbed to see you express little sympathy or mention of the women who've come forward, though Cosby is writ large as innocent with what's been presented as far as you're concerned. He (and you) stand for truth, justice and the American way....uh-huh...

Are the victims to be dismissed en masse as mere piffles that have zero bearing on Cosby? Shallow publicity seekers each and every one?

In the past, Cosby has been accused, found guilty, convicted of sexual assault is also simply another piffle not worthy of consideration with his most recent conviction for the same thing? Pish posh, so what if he's done it before, that doesn't mean anything.

Really? Having a record of sexual assault may not be meaningful to you, but it is to me.

I suppose you would defend all the priests who molested young boys too. After all, they only spoke up (after years of agony) about their ordeal with molestation by those they trusted. I don't recall many of the priests being thought innocent though not caught in the act, as many, many of them confessed...

I'm guessing you're a defense lawyer.

Your honor, the only victim here is my client. Look at him. He's old, half blind and demented, surely you can't think he'd ever stoop so low, well...except for that one time, but let's not think about that...

He's innocent I tell ya.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

As far as the priests who are accused of abusing children, I would indeed "defend" them to the extent that I would expect the cases against them to be proven individually. Once each case was proven, I would expect that the law impose whatever penalties are appropriate. But then again, I am both legally and morally bound by that silly old Constitution. How convenient that you aren't.
And what about the "victims"? Have you never seen cases where someone claims to be a victim but when the facts come out, there was really no crime to begin with? Someone wanted publicity, or money, or for some other reason accused someone falsely? I guess we should just assume that everyone who makes a claim is a victim and act upon that assumption without a trial and proof. Maybe in your world, but not in mine.
Maybe I'll just get some friends together and start posting that "Abraham is a child molester!" If enough people say so, and claim to be victims, then you must be guilty. Why bother with facts or fairness? That's the way you like to play the game. If it's fair for others, you must think it's fair for you, too.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I neglected to mention (once again) he's an actor.

Think he's above acting blind and batty to get a cushy prison gig? (as cushy as they get, you know like the mafia getting to cook sauce & pasta in their cells and so on)

Give me a break.

He'd act his way into anything that'd give him an advantage. He's a professional actor and criminal. Of the worst kind.

What's the worst kind?

Sexual predators.

Even every day low life criminals hate them and for good reason.

They have female relatives....or male, if you throw in the other kind of sexual creeps.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RossA,

Threatening other forum members is considered poor form.

If you don't like my arguments, fine.

Threatening me, not....

(pssst, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the...)

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm hysterical with laughter!

I just looked up your forum backround.

You're not only a lawyer, but claim to be a minister, yet you threaten me because we debate something that apparently tips you over the edge when we don't agree....?

And you denied being a liberal...

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Apparently you can't distinguish between a threat and using sarcasm to make a point. There, in addition to the Constitution, I just taught you something else.
And by the way, there is no rule that a Christian must bow to the enemy and not defend his country and its form of government.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Considering the source, I take that as a compliment.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RossA,

I figure you to be a good guy, with a lot of technical law knowledge, but when you're beaten, try to be gracious and understand, the attitude toward Cosby isn't antithetical to the Constitution.

It's simply overwhelming in it's evidence of victims.

The victims didn't come forward for glory, fame or money. They were dreadfully embarrassed and angry and wanted the tiniest of justice. I wouldn't disregard them...as all shameful scalawags, seeking money or attention.

This monster needs to be in prison where he belong for the rest of his days.

If you care to hold onto your technical law perspective, fine with me.

I think he should be in prison.

He's an evil, manipulative monster.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

One is only beaten when he gives in to the foe. Does that look like me?

Return to “Off-Topic”