Asking for a friend. Public intoxication

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
13wyatt
Posts in topic: 3

Asking for a friend. Public intoxication

Post by 13wyatt »

So I have a friend wanting to get his license. He was arrested back in December of 2017 for a DWI but was charged with a public intoxication. That's going to disqualify him for 5 years right?

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Asking for a friend. Public intoxication

Post by philbo »

You are ineligible for a license for five years after a conviction for a Class A or Class B misdemeanor. What was the sentence?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

PI is a class C misdemeanor, if that’s what he was convicted of then he should be eligible for a LTC.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

ScottDLS wrote:PI is a class C misdemeanor, if that’s what he was convicted of then he should be eligible for a LTC.

As long as he has not had two previous convictions for PI.it would then be a class B.

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

He never got the DWI put on his record. It went straight to PI. But he's on probation for a few more months. If he happens to mess up then they are going to give him a DWI

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

That's all he's ever got besides onespeeding ticket

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

WTR wrote: As long as he has not had two previous convictions for PI.it would then be a class B.

Ok then I must be missing or misunderstanding the statute.
It says in part
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
Sub section (e) states
(e) An offense under this section committed by a person younger than 21 years of age is punishable in the same manner as if the minor committed an offense to which Section 106.071, Alcoholic Beverage Code, applies
I see no other text that modifies the offense to a class B..

Where is the part that supports "As long as he has not had two previous convictions for PI.it would then be a class B" :tiphat: please.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

"Asking for a 'friend' " lol ;) we won't tell.
NRA Member

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

E.Marquez wrote:
WTR wrote: As long as he has not had two previous convictions for PI.it would then be a class B.

Ok then I must be missing or misunderstanding the statute.
It says in part
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
Sub section (e) states
(e) An offense under this section committed by a person younger than 21 years of age is punishable in the same manner as if the minor committed an offense to which Section 106.071, Alcoholic Beverage Code, applies
I see no other text that modifies the offense to a class B..

Where is the part that supports "As long as he has not had two previous convictions for PI.it would then be a class B" :tiphat: please.
My mistake, this only applies to minors.

Return to “Off-Topic”