In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which is better?

In n Out
15%
Whataburger
85%

Total votes: 135

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Post by puma guy »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 pm
gtolbert09 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm McDs to aggressively install Kiosks

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonald ... 32122.html
now all they have to do is find a way to replace the cooks and the drive thru (which shouldnt be hard. just add a touch screen to the menu board) and they'll have a fully autonomous busniess. and it wont be too long until others follow suite and then the unemployment rates will be thru the roof because all the low end no skills jobs will be taken by robots.
Well we pump our own gas now and the grocers and big box stores have us doing our own check out and bagging, so maybe Mickey D will install customer accessible grills and fryers! We already pour our drinks. LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Grundy1133 »

puma guy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm

now all they have to do is find a way to replace the cooks and the drive thru (which shouldnt be hard. just add a touch screen to the menu board) and they'll have a fully autonomous busniess. and it wont be too long until others follow suite and then the unemployment rates will be thru the roof because all the low end no skills jobs will be taken by robots.
Well we pump our own gas now and the grocers and big box stores have us doing our own check out and bagging, so maybe Mickey D will install customer accessible grills and fryers! We already pour our drinks. LOL
I think at that point i'd just stay at home and grill my own burger to my liking lol.
NRA Member

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 7

Post by gtolbert09 »

puma guy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm

In some areas of NY, you're not allowed to pump your gas. I know Long Island is an area where they pump the gas for you.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

There will be challenging times for those with few skills. That's always the case when there is a business transformation. But eventually, we will find a need for these folks somewhere. They will need to compete with the taxi and truck drivers who are out of work after self driving vehicles become mainstream. And they will be competing for new jobs that may not even exist right now. Automation ultimately increases the productivity per worker, which benefits us all. By artificially increasing the cost of unskilled labor, the government is just accelerating this trend and is also maximizing the disruption that will impact lower skilled folks.

The good news for Pelosi and her ilk is that they can convince these folks that all their problems are the fault of rich people. It will keep them in office for a while longer. A few starving families is a small price for the Dems to pay in exchange for more power.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

Allons wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm
BBYC wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:36 pm
John Galt wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm I don't understand the open carry interest.
:iagree: I don't understand why that guy in Friendswood had to make a big deal about it instead of covering up like a normal person.
He's above the law, that's why.
Above the law is just another way of saying outside the law.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

Whataburger gets my vote!

oljames3
Posts in topic: 8

Post by oljames3 »

Whataburger is good, but not so good that I'll rearrange my clothing just to enter. Easier to go where I am more welcome.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 7

Post by gtolbert09 »

Surprised nobody mentioned FuddRuckers. :) I like that you get to build it your way.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

oljames3
Posts in topic: 8

Post by oljames3 »

gtolbert09 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 am Surprised nobody mentioned FuddRuckers. :) I like that you get to build it your way.
Airdales always know where to get the best chow. Sometimes they share with us groundhogs. :biggrinjester:
I have always appreciated CAS. And you are right about Fuddruckers.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm the odd man out here when it comes to 'building' your own food.

I don't want to.

I''ll sit down, order, you cook, build and serve.

If the service is good, a good tip is forthcoming.

However, if I'm going to cook, build and serve I'll do it at home...

When I eat out (rarely) I'm darn sure not to going to have any hand in it's prep...

G26ster
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G26ster »

With all the quality gourmet burger places out there, this contest between Whataburger and In and Out reminds me of, "Which do you prefer to eat - sludge or slag?" :shock:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"With all the quality gourmet burger places out there" G26ster no slight or insult in your direction whatsoever, but quality gourmet burger sounds rather like an oxymoron...

Now, if I'm going to pay a small fortune for a gourmet meal, it's not going to include hamburger...caviar, or possibly pate, but burger, never.

However, if I'm say in commie Seattle, and the local burger joint wants me to pay the kind of money I'd have to pay at a sit down restaurant because their employees now make $15.00 an hour and the restaurant naturally passes that expense opn to the consumer...this consumer won't be attending said place.

Then, when some demanding, unskilled, surly employee slams down a burger at me at some outlandish cost, ah no, I won't be going there.

Hey, you, unskilled employee, hows it feel to have 'no job' because unskilled labor doesn't deserve skilled labor wages and consumers just laughed when they saw the cost of your burgers & quickly stopped buying so-called fast food? Remember: Fast food is supposed to fast and fairly inexpensive.

No, I'm not going to pay excessive cost for a burger and fries cuz you expect to live on minimum wage and your dumbo management caved to your demands thus the loss of business because they had to fire a lot of employees to pay a few $15.00 an hours so the food is neither fast or affordably cheap?

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:19 pm "With all the quality gourmet burger places out there" G26ster no slight or insult in your direction whatsoever, but quality gourmet burger sounds rather like an oxymoron...

Now, if I'm going to pay a small fortune for a gourmet meal, it's not going to include hamburger...caviar, or possibly pate, but burger, never.
By gourmet I simply meant a burger, cooked to order, with quality beef. Neither Whataburger or In n Out can say that. As for "a small fortune," a bacon and cheese Whataburger is $4.79 and a medium fries is $1.84. That's $6.63. The thin patty is cooked the way "they" like it, and it will be squished flatter than a pancake when you get it. Let's just take a middle of the road burger at say "Red Robin" just to pick a common one. A bacon cheeseburger with premium fries is $10.39. Wow, a whole $3.76 difference to get a nicer, thicker cut of chopped beef, cooked the way "I" Iike it, with endless jumbo fries. Heck, for the few times a month I might eat one, I'll probably have to forego my retired status and get a job! :biggrinjester:

As for the oxymoron, there ARE different grades of hamburger beef. Think of it this way, you want a good steak, so you go to the cheapest place you can find to get a steak, or you go to a decent steakhouse and get one. You'll pay a lot more at the steakhouse, but you'll enjoy it much more because the beef is a much, much better quality cut, and it will be cooked they way you like it. Same goes for burgers. But you've got me thinking. I love the burgers at the Ice House in Bedford, but since I'm not getting a Social Security raise, I need to find a job!! :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Anthony Bourdain pronounces In ‘N Out the best restaurant in Los Angeles - a city with a lot of great restaurants:

110 votes so far on this poll, with only 15 for In ‘N Out, which means that there are a lot of Philistines on this forum. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 pm Anthony Bourdain pronounces In ‘N Out the best restaurant in Los Angeles
California doesn't have any Whataburgers ;-)
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Return to “Off-Topic”