Yikes Another Disease-Carrying Bug!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Yikes Another Disease-Carrying Bug!

Post by dlh »

My exterminator came by to spray my house today. He wanted to show me a bug he found on my back porch.

Had seen these bugs around but never gave them much though---turns out they can carry a nasty disease---the Assassin or Kissing Bug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triatominae

So I can now add these pests to my list of scorpions, ticks carrying lyme disease, brown recluse spiders, black widow spiders, blister bugs, and other nasty creatures.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Grundy1133

Re: Yikes Another Disease-Carrying Bug!

Post by Grundy1133 »

those look a lot like stink bugs... i think its best to just avoid the outdoors during spring/summer/fall months. ooh and during the winter! flu season is the worst
NRA Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

dlh wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm My exterminator came by to spray my house today. He wanted to show me a bug he found on my back porch.

Had seen these bugs around but never gave them much though---turns out they can carry a nasty disease---the Assassin or Kissing Bug:

So I can now add these pests to my list of scorpions, ticks carrying lyme disease, brown recluse spiders, black widow spiders, blister bugs, and other nasty creatures.
You left out Hobo spiders!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am
dlh wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm My exterminator came by to spray my house today. He wanted to show me a bug he found on my back porch.

You left out Hobo spiders!
and snakes... :leaving
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Assassin bugs...yep, spent my teen years in the South Texas Brush Country, they were a serious nuisance. Their bite leaves a large welt that itches like crazy. And, despite their size, they can walk on you while you sleep and you'll never feel them. In addition, their shape allows them to fit through small crevices and cracks. Nasty critters, no doubt.

Return to “Off-Topic”