Colorado Dem candidate pepper sprays himself video

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Colorado Dem candidate pepper sprays himself video

Post by Chemist45 »

Years ago during a self defense course, the instructor showed a video where a line of young women were each pepper sprayed.
Each woman was able to walk past the sprayer, pick up a rubber knife and stab a dummy three times.
A determined attacker will not be stopped by pepper spray.
I could not find that video, but here is one in the same vein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NqmXejE-Y

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TreyHouston wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 pm I hate to say it, but he does have an interesting point. Why can’t teachers that don’t wanna carry a gun carry pepper spray or bear spray? Cheap and effective

And before you say it, SOMETHING is better than nothing!
To borrow one of the left's very overused terms, it should be about empowering each teacher to protect their students as they see fit.

If a teacher is most comfortable with pepper spray, that should be allowed.

If a teacher is most comfortable with a box of rocks, that should be allowed.

If a teacher is most comfortable with a firearm, that should be allowed.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I agree with TreyHouston. For the reasons everyone said plus some others, this is not a good solution, BUT it is better than nothing, especially for teachers who refuse to carry guns. I like the idea of arming teachers IF they want to be armed, but I recognize that not all of the good teachers are competent with firearms and we do not hire them for that skill. But there is no reason they cannot be given other methods they can learn to use that are better than hiding or using their body to shield the kids.

Obviously, the pepper spray would need to be kept on their person because we know that the break glass case would mean some kid got sprayed in a prank. But encouraging teachers who don't like guns to have some other means they can agree on is not a bad idea.
Steve Rothstein

couzin

Post by couzin »

As part of my job we were issued pepper spray for defensive purposes. We also volunteered to get sprayed during annual training. My second time I knew what to expect and was able to get to the person spraying me and wrap them up. Spray is useful but iffy as to whether it will work on everybody.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I’ve seen a man with pepper spray literally running down his face and he would take his hand and rub it on his face like he was washing his face with water. No effect on him what so ever.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Harsh thoughts aimed at the attacker might help too...better than nothing, oh wait...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The left has - successfully, I might add - coopted the right about armed teachers. They keep saying that “Trump wants to arm teachers”. That’s not true. What Trump wants is to make it possible for a teacher to arm him/herself if they so choose.

We need to call EVERYone on it whom we see uttering that deception.

BTW, I was following this originally on the Daily Wire, and here was one commenter’s excellent response:
More ideas from the Three Stooges School of Self Defense:

Put a bucket of rocks above the door with a string to drop it on the shooters head when he comes in.

Store banana peels to be thrown on the floor to make him slip.

Poke him in the eyes, his hands are occupied shooting people so he can't do the Curly hand on the nose defense.

Use your head as a battering ram to run into his stomach.

Seltzer bottles.
I up-voted that reply. :lol:

BTW, there’s a whole lot of nonesense from democrats running for congress lately:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:07 am The left has - successfully, I might add - coopted the right about armed teachers. They keep saying that “Trump wants to arm teachers”. That’s not true. What Trump wants is to make it possible for a teacher to arm him/herself if they so choose.

We need to call EVERYone on it whom we see uttering that deception.

BTW, I was following this originally on the Daily Wire, and here was one commenter’s excellent response:
More ideas from the Three Stooges School of Self Defense:

Put a bucket of rocks above the door with a string to drop it on the shooters head when he comes in.

Store banana peels to be thrown on the floor to make him slip.

Poke him in the eyes, his hands are occupied shooting people so he can't do the Curly hand on the nose defense.

Use your head as a battering ram to run into his stomach.

Seltzer bottles.
I up-voted that reply. :lol:

BTW, there’s a whole lot of nonesense from democrats running for congress lately:
I'm disheartened almost daily by the number of anti-2nd Amendment gun grabbers our military officer corps is producing. Oathbreakers one and all.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:36 amI'm disheartened almost daily by the number of anti-2nd Amendment gun grabbers our military officer corps is producing. Oathbreakers one and all.
I think we have to realize that, at the upper levels of military service, “political reliability” probably plays a part in the advancement in rank of some officers - not by any means ALL of them, but certainly some of them. It would be unrealistic to think that it doesn’t happen. Under the 8 years of the Obama administration (as with any other administration), “political reliability” would have been defined in part as officers who would commit to supporting that administration’s social engineering goals. Thus, we have 8 years of officers being elevated to the rank of Colonel and above, some of whom would promote and protect leftist gun-control initiatives.

And then beyond that - even among higher level officers of a personally conservative bent - there may be a habitual bias on their part against everyday citizens being in possession of firearms in general because the military tightly controls what military personnel can and can’t do with firearms .... especially when they are on base. If you add personal leftist politics into that, you get colonels and generals who doing think that civilians can’t be trusted with a semiautomatic rifle chambered in a varmint caliber.

Remember this guy?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

This dimbulb cand. needs to move to a foreign country and never reveal his real name or background.

Maybe get a job removing septic sludge, ah long as he wears tight fitting goggles...

Or join Bourdain...

Return to “Off-Topic”