Does The NRA Pay Million Dollars Salaries To Some In The Leadership??

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Does The NRA Pay Million Dollars Salaries To Some In The Leadership??

Post by Abraham »

I read this on another forum.

Say it ain't so...

Tell me it's just leftist hogwash propaganda to discredit the NRA.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Does The NRA Pay Million Dollars Salaries To Some In The Leadership??

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

Sadly, my ad-blocker won't allow me to read the article.

Can you provide a synopsis?

Thanks!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Yes Wayne LaPierre apparently receives compensation in excess of 1 million dollars per year. In 2015 he received a mandatory retirement benefit over $3million. That payment was required by law. I was not aware that Mr. LaPierre has been employed by the NRA for almost 40 years.
The $1 million compensation is not considered extraordinary for a position such as his.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Post by flechero »

I realize to most of us, that's a CRAP-TON of money... but I want a people who's worth commands that kind of money, to lead the organization fighting for my 2A rights!!

I spent 20 years in high level retained executive search (6 and 7 figure comp pkgs. with multi million dollar differed comp plans) and I am a believer in getting what you pay for.(most of the time) The NRA is a big and complex organization, which spans many segments of industry and lobby. If you found an exec to run this in a totally non gov't/non political arena, you'd likely be paying even more for the top few... and the "golden parachute" (also called golden handcuffs by search consultants) is common as well.

Even if the top 5 execs made a $1M/yr, that's less than $1/yr per member... which is a small price to pay for good and competent leadership.

:tiphat:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am The WaPo’s version of events: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 2a548e1e5b
"National Rifle Association executive vice president and chief executive Wayne LaPierre received a hefty bump in pay between 2014 and 2015. His compensation rose by more than $4 million thanks to a retirement payout." Now that is a blatant lie. As the article admits, $4 million of that was a retirement payout. As has already been noted, he is at a point where tax law requires him to start taking retirement income so it can be taxed.

Chas.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Appropriate compensation for the role and in line with similar organizations.

Allons

Post by Allons »

MaduroBU wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 pm Appropriate compensation for the role and in line with similar organizations.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I don't see a problem with that. If you want great leaders, your going to have to compete to get them. A CEO and executive board can make or break a company/organization. There’s a lot of responsibility and people who think its a lot of money, and it is, do not understand what a CEO or executive team does!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

I agree with the sentiments that this is in line with organizations of this size and scope of mission.

It left me wondering about the motive of the article. Was this news worthy of making it into the paper or is it intended to create fissures in the ranks.

I remember talking to someone going to university in Panama and I asked what she was studying. The direct translation of the answer is propaganda. Not journalism, but propaganda. This was early 80’s there and that was a fitting answer. We have a free press here but I think about things like this when I read an article like this on a politicle hot topic.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Same skills but different organizations/businesses/countries, demand different pay scales. I was recently in Panama on business for about a month (here is why if you're curious) and the hotel finally hired someone to do the job I was temporarily there to do. My paycheck is roughly 3 times what their's is, despite being in the same industry.

I have no problem with a CEO earning almost $1 million/yr. As for the $3.7 million retirement payout, it's my understanding (and Charles confirmed this), Mr. LaPierre had no legal choice but to take it. So I'm also left wondering how/why this is news....

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Since the House has the power of the purse (and taxation), I guess Pelosi made him do it. :evil2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:40 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am The WaPo’s version of events: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 2a548e1e5b
"National Rifle Association executive vice president and chief executive Wayne LaPierre received a hefty bump in pay between 2014 and 2015. His compensation rose by more than $4 million thanks to a retirement payout." Now that is a blatant lie. As the article admits, $4 million of that was a retirement payout. As has already been noted, he is at a point where tax law requires him to start taking retirement income so it can be taxed.

Chas.
Thank you Charles for shedding light on it. Personally, I’m not upset by his salary. His compensation is probably commensurate with others who do similar work, for organizations of similar size, for as long as he has done it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

You think that's a lot, check out some of the college football coach salaries. For instance, that is chump change compared to Nick Saban's package.

Return to “Off-Topic”