Are our glory days behind us? Yes, I think they are.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Are our glory days behind us? Yes, I think they are.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Scott Farkus wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:53 pm This thread makes me think some. I can remember when my generation was 18-28 from 1979-1989 and how the older group of "old Farts" constantly talked of fearing for the future because of us.

Now that we are the "old farts" we speak of how it is all going to hell in a hand basket. But somehow, somewhere along our paths in life, we got our minds right.

I have the same hope that this new generation of youngsters will do the same at some point.
Fair points, I've often wondered the same myself. However I see a lot of differences between now and then, among them an ingrained and ultimately unsustainable sense of entitlement from a critical mass of the population.
Funny you mentioned this one because it is my exact same worry. To take it further, I believe this sense of self entitlement is the very essence of the whole problem.

We were raised to know that nobody owes us anything and we get what we work for. These kids seem to think they "deserve" something.

At some point I hope it dawns on them that nothing is free. Including freedom.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pete92FS »

I realize that every generation gets old and says we're going to heck in a handbasket, but I truly think it's different this time. The ground has shifted.
[/quote]

I think you are correct. Trump getting elected is just a bump in the road and slows down the direction we are headed in if Hilary would have been elected. All the Soros and Bloomberg backed snowflakes that are protesting want ICE to be abolished and have completely open borders - look where that has gotten Europe. They are getting a lot of this garbage from today's universities and as they get older they will be the ones teaching even more of this drivel. These same snowflakes are the same ones that will some day be running this country when the get older and that is when the stuff will really hit the fan. I think there will be some States that say "ENOUGH" and split to uphold the values most of us currently have. Such States as Idaho, Montana, North/South Dakota, perhaps Utah may fall into this group. Unfortunately by that time I fear we will have lost this Great state.
CHL since 01/26/09

Hoodasnacks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hoodasnacks »

I was speaking to an Australian client about this subject once and we both agreed that the USA is unfortunately not likely to survive this in the long run.

He asked me what country I would live in...where could my family thrive...

I said--Texas.

Anytime I get in despair mode I remember that I am surrounded by good people. I was with those people mucking out houses in Houston last year. I will be with those people when the dollar collapses, government corruption reaches its peak, and when the resulting problems come. God will be with us as we follow the golden rule and serve his children. I don't know how, but I know we will be fine.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Pete92FS wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:01 am I realize that every generation gets old and says we're going to heck in a handbasket, but I truly think it's different this time. The ground has shifted.
I think you are correct. Trump getting elected is just a bump in the road and slows down the direction we are headed in if Hilary would have been elected. All the Soros and Bloomberg backed snowflakes that are protesting want ICE to be abolished and have completely open borders - look where that has gotten Europe. They are getting a lot of this garbage from today's universities and as they get older they will be the ones teaching even more of this drivel. These same snowflakes are the same ones that will some day be running this country when the get older and that is when the stuff will really hit the fan. I think there will be some States that say "ENOUGH" and split to uphold the values most of us currently have. Such States as Idaho, Montana, North/South Dakota, perhaps Utah may fall into this group. Unfortunately by that time I fear we will have lost this Great state.
From the devil's advocate viewpoint, we seem to bounce back and forth between extremes. Take Prohibition. Enough people decided that it was a good idea that it became a Constitutional amendment, not just a law. And then the thirst for government revenue became so great that the Amendment was cancelled. The Europeans are starting to push back hard on the the open borders situation there, though not all of them yet, I admit. Bad policy results in bad consequences that can get the bad policy overturned, at least some of the time. If there is a problem today, it is that not enough people can get their heads out of their phones to notice the bad policy.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Government debt is growing out of control, if it isn't there already. Unlike one of Trump's businesses, a government can't just declare bankruptcy. Well, they can try, but history shows the masses demand to be paid in blood when cash is worthless.

Have a Plan B.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”