ANTHONY KENNEDY IS RETIRING!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 41

Re: ANTHONY KENNEDY IS RETIRING!

Post by mojo84 »

Pawpaw wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 pm
mojo84 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:28 pm This lady nails it. Umm hoping there are a lot more like her.

http://facebook.com/groups/194535687881 ... 1181814445
I keep getting an error. I don''t have FB.
Bummer.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 27

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Relevant info

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford
https://www.gofundme.com/support-brett-kavanaugh

Ford: $533,557.00
Kavanaugh: $585,298.00

Though I'm not sure why someone would think he needs monetary assistance...?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 pm Relevant info

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford
https://www.gofundme.com/support-brett-kavanaugh

Ford: $533,557.00
Kavanaugh: $585,298.00

Though I'm not sure why someone would think he needs monetary assistance...?
Ford has multiple go fund me accounts. http://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=h ... sey%20ford

As far as Kavanaugh, it's a show of support. May also provide a little restitution for what he has had to endure.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's confirmed. It's all a conspiracy.

http://babylonbee.com/news/confirmed-an ... conspiracy

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-05-08-40-46.png

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-d ... 1538715152

POLITICS
Friend of Dr. Ford Felt Pressure to Revisit Statement
At issue is statement to committee that she knew nothing about alleged sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh.
Christine Blasey Ford testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee
Christine Blasey Ford testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee PHOTO: POOL/GETTY IMAGES
382 COMMENTS
By Natalie Andrews, Rebecca Ballhaus and Sadie Gurman
Oct. 5, 2018 12:52 a.m. ET
A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Any question it is 100% political?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Steve Daines, R-Mont has said he will not be present for a vote on Saturday due to his daughter’s wedding. Vote should be moved to Sunday or Monday to ensure all Republicans are present.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

mojo84 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:13 am Any question it is 100% political?
Absolutely no doubt. This whole fiasco is also more proof that the 17th Amendment was, and continues to be, the biggest mistake ever.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 am Steve Daines, R-Mont has said he will not be present for a vote on Saturday due to his daughter’s wedding. Vote should be moved to Sunday or Monday to ensure all Republicans are present.
They have already said they will hold the vote if necessary, to allow him to vote late Saturday night. He assured Kavanaugh, that he would vote Yes, and would do whatever it takes to be there.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jason812 »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am
mojo84 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:13 am Any question it is 100% political?
Absolutely no doubt. This whole fiasco is also more proof that the 17th Amendment was, and continues to be, the biggest mistake ever.
:iagree:

This was a step by the progressives to set in place what you are seeing in the government today. Too bad the 17th will never be repealed.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 am Steve Daines, R-Mont has said he will not be present for a vote on Saturday due to his daughter’s wedding. Vote should be moved to Sunday or Monday to ensure all Republicans are present.
They have already said they will hold the vote if necessary, to allow him to vote late Saturday night. He assured Kavanaugh, that he would vote Yes, and would do whatever it takes to be there.
That's good to know. Sounds like he just wanted to get his name in the headlines.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

I can't get the post to copy on my phone, but Townhall is running a live blog from the Senate
https://townhall.com/liveblog/2018/10/0 ... e-vote-n29

Senator Daines' Twitter post in in there
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”