Any cigar smokers?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Any cigar smokers?

Post by PUCKER »

RHenriksen wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 pm Padron 1964!
The "PAM" as I like to call it - the Padron Anneversario Maduro '64 - when I first started smoking cigars that is all that I would smoke - still one of my faves!!

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 pm my internal medicine guy wore me down by repeating all the business about greater risk of mouth, throat, esophageal, etc. cancer from smoking cigars. Sorta took the fun out of it.
My doc likes cigars/drinking - he put it this way: "You've got to live a little!"

I asked him to write a prescription for cigars (to keep the wife quiet LOL!), he wouldn't go that far though.... :biggrinjester:

So - to answer the OP's question - YES, I LOVE cigars!! I don't see what area you're from but my recommendation is to find a local cigar shop/lounge/cigar-friendly place and enjoy and meet folks with the same love of it that you have. When I'm in town (DFW/Grapevine area) I hold a weekly Tuesday night thing called "Cigars n Racecars" either at a local cigar-friendly pub (Tap In) or else on my patio. It's for racing/car enthusiasts and cigar aficionados to enjoy. Open invite - just ask. :tiphat:

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Odinvalknir »

Abraham wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:43 pm I was an avid cigar smoker for years.

My favorite: The regular line - Padron Maduro 2000/3000 and on occasion 4000.

The 'Smoke Ring' in Webster...excellent, cigar choices and people.

I know (or used to) everyone who were customers. At that point, I smoked at least 3 to 5 cigars a day. Every day. The customers ranged from ordinary joes, to symphonic conductors, politicians, MD's, Kinky Friedman, cops from uniform to detective, gourmet chefs, champion shotgunners, and on and on. Everyone a good guy. Women didn't come in often, except when accompanied by husband or boyfriend. Some women talk a good game of how much they like cigars, but it was my experience they just wanted to fit in...I never encountered a real 'honest to goodness' female cigar smoker.

I can't smoke anymore and haven't for plus 5 years. So, I don't go anymore.

This is how much I miss it: I have dreams of smoking cigars.

Of course, it wasn't just the smoking of cigars, which was paramount, but the company was almost always terrific.

I've stopped in there a few times but was looking for something for zippos. It's a really nice looking place, I'll check it out again and try to decide on a type of cigar.

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Odinvalknir »

PUCKER wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 pm
J.R.@A&M wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 pm my internal medicine guy wore me down by repeating all the business about greater risk of mouth, throat, esophageal, etc. cancer from smoking cigars. Sorta took the fun out of it.
My doc likes cigars/drinking - he put it this way: "You've got to live a little!"

I asked him to write a prescription for cigars (to keep the wife quiet LOL!), he wouldn't go that far though.... :biggrinjester:

So - to answer the OP's question - YES, I LOVE cigars!! I don't see what area you're from but my recommendation is to find a local cigar shop/lounge/cigar-friendly place and enjoy and meet folks with the same love of it that you have. When I'm in town (DFW/Grapevine area) I hold a weekly Tuesday night thing called "Cigars n Racecars" either at a local cigar-friendly pub (Tap In) or else on my patio. It's for racing/car enthusiasts and cigar aficionados to enjoy. Open invite - just ask. :tiphat:
I've on the southeast side of Houston. League city/webster area. Thanks for the offer though!

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I smoked a pipe in my younger years. Bought my tobacco at a place called The Pipe Pub. Filled it with a blend called... 24 Carrot. The aroma from it was very nice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I used to smoke ‘em, but not so much anymore. My son smokes a couple a week. We ran across a guy at last weekend’s Fort Worth gunshow who was rolling and selling cigars on the spot. My son bought a couple and said they were pretty decent. I didn’t get his name, but I think my son got his card. The guy said that he also does events, like bachelor parties, birthdays, etc.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 2

Post by J.R.@A&M »

PUCKER wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 pm

You're right. I'm 56, so something else will probably kill me at this point. In which case, my choice is El Rey Del Mundo.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Cigars and whiskey, some of the finer things in life.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “Off-Topic”