Unmask Antifa Act

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unmask Antifa Act

Post by flowrie »

Read the same on Brietbart

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... sking-law/

Not sure why you need a mask law to arrest someone who is already breaking the law ( looting, assaulting, etc..)

But I am OK with it. If I ever need a mask then that will mean there is no longer any law in effect.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

I think it's a great idea if and only if the law also applies to government agents.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

ninjabread wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm I think it's a great idea if and only if the law also applies to government agents.
Maybe I am misinterputing your statement? Are you comparing Antifa to law enforcement doing raids on criminal elements?

Soldev

Post by Soldev »

Outstanding!
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

flowrie wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm Read the same on Brietbart

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... sking-law/

Not sure why you need a mask law to arrest someone who is already breaking the law ( looting, assaulting, etc..)

But I am OK with it. If I ever need a mask then that will mean there is no longer any law in effect.
I’m with you here. Enforce the law, protect lawful protests, arrest unlawful protesters. We don’t need a special add on because someone wore a mask. I think that’s another one of the silly government over reaches that just happens to currently be “on my side”, anti ANTIFA .

Maybe there is some compelling reason that makes it specially agregious that I don’t know about.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

DevilDawg wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:22 pm
ninjabread wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm I think it's a great idea if and only if the law also applies to government agents.
Maybe I am misinterputing your statement? Are you comparing Antifa to law enforcement doing raids on criminal elements?
It depends what you mean by criminal element. If you're talking about violent street gangs, et cetera, then no. If you're talking about people who file complaints against illegal 30.06 signs, et cetera, then yes.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

This seems to me exactly like stupid liberal laws such as banning AR's that have a forward (vertical) pistol grip, or (insert accessory of your choice here).
I'm not a fan of outlawing objects that are merely an adjunct to OTHER bad BEHAVIOUR. We just got rid of some stupid knife laws in Texas, but now we're going to add some stupid textile laws on a national scale? Of course it's easier to arrest/convict somebody for wearing a mask than it is for loitering, vandalism, arson, blocking traffic, marching without a permit, assault, etc. Proving illegal behaviour is more work than proving possession of a facecloth. So I guess my Harley riding neighbor, my yardman, and my surgeon, to name just a few, will all run the risk of 'taking the ride' if somebody complains about them........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

If you are breaking the law anyway, it does not matter if you also have a mask on your face.

It is like passing a law that criminals have to obey the law.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Soldev

Post by Soldev »

Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

OneGun wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 pm If you are breaking the law anyway, it does not matter if you also have a mask on your face.

It is like passing a law that criminals have to obey the law.
I'm on this train too.
Mask law is unnecessary. Just enforce existing law.
What if I have a cold and I'm wearing a hospital mask, then somebody sees me doing something they interpret incorrectly and call the PoPo? Do I get 15 years? How about we just enforce the laws against rioting and assault instead of this publicity stunt?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Bad law. 15 years for a dress code. We don't need more laws.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

OlBill wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 am Bad law. 15 years for a dress code. We don't need more laws.
:iagree:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

OlBill wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 am Bad law. 15 years for a dress code. We don't need more laws.
Are you suggesting (Gasp) that congress not pass laws? Whatever would they do? You would take away the only thing that makes them important!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am
Are you suggesting (Gasp) that congress not pass laws? Whatever would they do? You would take away the only thing that makes them important!
Congress doesn't need to pass drivel like this. Just like they didn't need to pass "hate crime" laws or other things that enhance the penalties for certain behaviors or against certain "protected classes".

Return to “Off-Topic”