TX: No place but Austin- Pro Palestinian protest at Texas Capitol

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: No place but Austin

Post by J.R.@A&M »

apostate wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:37 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:22 pm https://www.mystatesman.com/news/local/ ... ogdF6tE4M/

Austin report on Confederate statues raises idea of changing the name of the city to someone who opposed slavery. Maybe a woman or Cesar Chavez.
Why not Stalin?
Change the "u" to an "l" and rearrange the letters.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 36

Post by philip964 »

https://www.statesman.com/news/20191202 ... ts-culture

Commission recommends stopping cadet training until probe completed on police department culture.

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

It seems that the demo-commies want to put reparations back on the campaign table. Being a child of the 60s & 70s I've seen a lot of changes where hopefully the majority of them have been positive.

Thinking about this after recently seeing that the dims want to fester old wounds. And you know what? I say let's have at it and research who was at the core of slavery? Was it the unscrupulous plantation owners that took advantage of the lowest labor costs, or was it the European financiers who profited most? Maybe they should be required to finance reparations as well. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I live right down the street.

Hmmmmm, food for thought.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

LDP wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:19 pm https://www.fox7austin.com/news/apd-to- ... er-service

And the commies have started the voluntary (for-now) gun grab.

Anybody want to travel into downtown Austin (or wherever this is happening) and stand in front of the APD station, offering money to the dumb idiots who walk in with guns to give away for free? Since we all have LTCs, not even the commies can say we're illegally purchasing firearms without proper BG checks. LOL
I'd offer $20 for a nice 1911. Or $5 for a box of nice JHP .45 ammunition. I like to be fair. I don't want those poor diluted brainwashed souls to go home empty handed.
Who's in? :biggrinjester:
I suppose anybody that deems a gun "unwanted" and desires to give it to the police to have it destroyed would also be too stupid to take some of my hard earned money for the same "unwanted" gun.

It sort of makes me want to open a "gun rescue" center for "unwanted" firearms. :biggrinjester:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Hang on just a second. The guidelines say you can't enter the event with a visible gun? You're invited to walk past the metal detectors at the Capitol, but you can't walk into the police station with a lawfully carried firearm?

I don't believe in making spectacles and I choose not to open carry, but I don't like to disarm and I have the right to open carry in most public buildings. Every once in a while I visit our local police department. I once made sure I wasn't stepping out of line, but there's no need to ask. The police are armed, a lot of law abiding citizens are armed, everybody's happy.

If we ever secede from the union, I want to secede from Austin at the same time.

DEB

Post by DEB »

I have always been kinda a Texas Secesh. But, now I think all of these mega cities need to secede and set up their own little kingdoms, no longer a part of Texas. They can grow their own food, drink their own water, construct their own homes, and on and on. I mean after all, those of us that are considered more rural, who are Soldiers, Truck drivers, Oil field workers, Farmers, Christians of whatever stripe, are just unwashed Hicks and Racists. Especially considered so, if you can claim that you hail from several generations of Texans. Aw well, I do embrace my roots, I am a Redneck, my Daddy was a Redneck, my Grandfather was a Redneck, my Great-grandfather was a Redneck, this meaning that we bent our heads under a hot sun, working a Farm. We were called Square Heads prior to Redneck becoming in Vogue, meaning that we often had our head buried in a flank of a Milk Cow, twice a day. These others coming in, look upon this with embarrassment and nowadays even with anger. Just look what is said about the word Redneck? Automatically a Racist if you are considered to be one. I say, So be it...I know I drifted pretty far from topic. I apologize, I just started typing and couldn't quit.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Austin residents: Make sure to sign the petitions circulating to recall Adler and city clowncil.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

And a violent January closes out with another knife attack https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime ... a1bc1c427c
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

"AUSTIN, Texas — January saw numerous violent crimes in Austin, ending with a stabbing downtown."
Im sure most here have heard one version or another of;
"The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'"

Im no sheriff, but I do have to travel though, stop in and work in less nice parts of Austin each week.
So ya, I am expecting trouble..not looking for it, not wanting it, avoiding it if I can, but expecting.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 36

Post by philip964 »

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/officials-c ... -ne-austin

Three football field homeless encampment catches fire.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:24 am https://www.fox5ny.com/news/officials-c ... -ne-austin

Three football field homeless encampment catches fire.
one would presume that
1) digging into a TxDot overpass is some kind of criminal infraction, and that
2) gravity is a mother, and having a semi-truck coming thru your ceiling would ruin your whole day
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Off-Topic”