Suing Drug makers

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Suing Drug makers

Post by howdy »

Just heard that President Trump wants to sue opioid drug makers because they make a dangerous product. This sounds like a very slippery slope.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

powerboatr

Re: Suing Drug makers

Post by powerboatr »

hillary wanted to sue firearm manufactures and ammunition makers....
doubt it goes anywhere.
he really needs to focus getting doj to start prosecuting the traitors who for some reason still have clearances and stop the stupid tweets.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rotor

Post by rotor »

apostate wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:29 pm
powerboatr wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm hillary wanted to sue firearm manufactures and ammunition makers....
And NYC sued oil companies. But oil is still legal in NYC.

It's a sign of a bush league politician to resort to lawsuits because they can't pass legislation.

Here's hoping no doctor will ever give those involved any opioid meds. Not even during or after surgery. Too dangerous for them. :nono:
I don't know about you but I want big time pain meds after surgery.
Latest studies show 72,000 drug overdose deaths last year but prescription drug overdoses are down.
The government sets the laws for how these drugs can be made and sold. The drug companies follow the laws. Why should they be sued? Why should gun manufacturers be sued for legally making a firearm? Slippery slope if we allow this. Unfortunately there will always be people that abuse drugs and this has gone on forever. We will not ever stop it.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm
powerboatr wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm hillary wanted to sue firearm manufactures and ammunition makers....

It's a sign of a bush league politician to resort to lawsuits because they can't pass legislation.

Here's hoping no doctor will ever give those involved any opioid meds. Not even during or after surgery. Too dangerous for them. :nono:
Latest studies show 72,000 drug overdose deaths last year but prescription drug overdoses are down.
The government sets the laws for how these drugs can be made and sold. The drug companies follow the laws. Why should they be sued? Why should gun manufacturers be sued for legally making a firearm? Slippery slope if we allow this. Unfortunately there will always be people that abuse drugs and this has gone on forever. We will not ever stop it.

:iagree:

I don't know, what grounds there would be for any lawsuit, unless, they can show negligence, on the part of manufacturers, for failing to monitor how the drugs are distributed. But then even that would be the same as a gun manufacturer, being held liable for misuse, by a third party. I do know that doctors, are cutting way back, on prescribing these drugs, my BIL, has chronic, back pain, and when he went to get his prescription refilled, his doctor put him on "pain management" therapy, instead. It is not working, he is in constant pain, and miserable.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 am
rotor wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't know, what grounds there would be for any lawsuit, unless, they can show negligence, on the part of manufacturers, for failing to monitor how the drugs are distributed. But then even that would be the same as a gun manufacturer, being held liable for misuse, by a third party. I do know that doctors, are cutting way back, on prescribing these drugs, my BIL, has chronic, back pain, and when he went to get his prescription refilled, his doctor put him on "pain management" therapy, instead. It is not working, he is in constant pain, and miserable.

Whether it’s firearms or medicines, law abiding citizens seem to be the ones who pays the price for illegal use of firearms and drugs. Criminals just keep doing illegal things and governments reaction is to remove liberty from those who commit no crimes.

This is one of Trump’s misguided opinions on how to handle a problem.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I gotta wonder. Many of the things he does is to keep the left chasing their tails. I just gotta wonder if this is one of those things.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 am I gotta wonder. Many of the things he does is to keep the left chasing their tails. I just gotta wonder if this is one of those things.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Every time, he tweets, something, the left run around like a cat chasing laser dot, screaming about how he is unhinged, traitorous, racist, etc, etc, etc, meanwhile, he goes about the business, of keeping his campaign promises. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

This suit will go nowhere fast. 1) this class of drugs have medical uses. 2) These drugs are available by prescription only. Hence, they are already regulated. 3) You cannot litigate away people's stupidity.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

They should focus on the doctors that misprescribe opioids. This is another situation of overreaction by punishing and making it more difficult for those that use the meds legitimately.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Why not just ban doctors? That should stop it!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TreyHouston wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:26 pm Why not just ban doctors? That should stop it!
Humor?
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

mojo84 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:41 pm :iagree:
TreyHouston wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:26 pm Why not just ban doctors? That should stop it!
Humor?
Yes
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”