Civet Coffee

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Civet Coffee

Post by RoyGBiv »

Abraham wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:41 pm This coffee's not for me, but I do eat escargot and other revoltin stuff, like tongue, so such coffee, while not for everyone doesn't faze me...
I'm with you on this one... I'll eat almost anything... Although I don't really care for organ meat.
Too many years traveling the world and learning about new cultures through their foods. Mmmm.

I managed a guy way back when that would only eat meat & potatoes, basically.
Whenever I wanted to give him a hard time, I'd tell him that he was coming to China/Malaysia/Thailand/... with my on my next trip.
His standard reply was "I'll be sure to stop for a fresh jar of peanut butter on the way home." :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Civet Coffee

Post by allisji »

I love good coffee and would definitely give this stuff a try if it were offered to me. That said, I get my fresh roasted, single origin coffee beans from El Lago Coffee Company for $10/lb. They may not have the variety or quality control of the other roasters out there. But they have what I need and at a price that makes it hard for me to justify buying from Black Rifle, De Espresso Liber, or elsewhere. Joe roasts the beans in his garage in the equivalent of a proprane grill with a popcorn popper in the middle. He only roasts them one way, and he knows when they're done by the sound of the beans cracking, and the color and smell of the smoke. Sometimes they are a little over-roasted to my liking, but it's always a full city roast. So if you like a light roasted coffee then it won't be for you.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Off-Topic”