Times have sure changed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Times have sure changed

Post by WTR »

jason812 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 pm Exotics cost money to buy. If a land owner can get someone to pay to shoot a fancy goat or deer, more power to them.

Farmers won't let people in their fields anymore because there are too many liabilities now days. My buddy told me about 10 years ago, one of his neighbor's cows got out onto his dad's land. The neighbor had a bad 4 wheeler wreck and then tried to sue my buddy's dad because the wreck happened on his land. They almost had me sign a waiver the first time I went out with them to shoot coyote and pigs.
If you buy an Exotic to keep that’s one thing,but to fence natural occuring deer to keep them from leaving your land is other. My buddy spent thousands trying to raise Elk on his ranch. As far as liability, that is what keeps my Sister from allowing hog hunters on her land.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

Does anyone know within a 100-125 mile radius of DFW someone who just want the hogs shot because they are destroying their property? I am not interesting in skinning it out, picture for trophies, etc...

Just in case someone wants to give a speech about want and waste coyotes have to eat too.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

WTR wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 pm
jason812 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 pm Exotics cost money to buy. If a land owner can get someone to pay to shoot a fancy goat or deer, more power to them.

Farmers won't let people in their fields anymore because there are too many liabilities now days. My buddy told me about 10 years ago, one of his neighbor's cows got out onto his dad's land. The neighbor had a bad 4 wheeler wreck and then tried to sue my buddy's dad because the wreck happened on his land. They almost had me sign a waiver the first time I went out with them to shoot coyote and pigs.
If you buy an Exotic to keep that’s one thing,but to fence natural occuring deer to keep them from leaving your land is other. My buddy spent thousands trying to raise Elk on his ranch. As far as liability, that is what keeps my Sister from allowing hog hunters on her land.
I agree about the game fence.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”