Postal Service is a joke...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Postal Service is a joke...

Post by Grundy1133 »

I ordered a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 16th from fort worth to where I live. So on the 16th I get a message saying its been delayed because USPS has delivered it to the wrong carrier facility. Ok no big deal mistakes happen... so it ends up in Killeen. yesterday I see they ship it to austin. im thinking ok no big deal. they'll ship it to me from austin... NOPE. i just got a message saying they shipped it BACK TO FORT WORTH! Are you SERIOUS?! now its supposed to be here on the 20th... I didn't pay for expedited shipping or anything, but when you make a mistake like that, and a package is delayed by 4 days, you'd think they'd make it a PRIORITY to get it to where it needs to be... I hope they werent rough on the packages... I have some delicate things in those boxes. I will be very upset if any of my things are damaged. I think next time im going to ship UPS.... (fedex lost my package once. that time i HAD paid for over night shipping... i had to contact the company i bought the product from and tell them I never got the package and fedex didnt know where it was so i ended up having to place a new order and my package got there almost 2 weeks later than my original expected deliver date).
NRA Member

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Postal Service is a joke...

Post by Deltaboy »

Adventures of Shipping some one needs to write a book!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I ship out products daily, UPS, USPS, and FedEx. All three have their good and bad points. But if I had to say who I trust the most it would be UPS.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 pm I ship out products daily, UPS, USPS, and FedEx. All three have their good and bad points. But if I had to say who I trust the most it would be UPS.
:iagree: The absolute worst shipping in the DFW area in my experience is Amazon’s AMZ. No one I’ve talked to has said anything good about AMZ.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

NJ_Expat

Post by NJ_Expat »

It's possible that the shipper put the wrong address on the package. I've had this happen to me in the past. Just one digit off the zip code or house number will throw everything into disarray.
Not a liberal.
Not a conservative.
Equal parts well-meaning free-thinker and misguided madman.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Talk about crazy stuff. I can't remember if it's UPS or Fedex. I lived in San Marcos for awhile, and Austin is the main destination for shipments in that area. So it goes to Austin first, then they drive it through San Marcos to New Braunfels, so they can put it on the delivery truck and drive it back up I-35 to San Marcos.

I had a USPS package take an adventure similar. It came into the main DFW center, then they shipped it to Houston, then back to DFW, then out to my local post office.

The absolute worst is the Fedex surepost stuff. Adds 2-3 extra days onto the delivery. Better off shipping straight USPS or straight Fedex.
NRA Benefactor Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

NJ_Expat wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 am It's possible that the shipper put the wrong address on the package. I've had this happen to me in the past. Just one digit off the zip code or house number will throw everything into disarray.
:iagree:

I have a four digit, box, on a 4 digit FM road. transposing, or missing any number sends my packages, on whirlwind, multi state tours sometimes.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

FEDEX is the absolute worst for me. They look for excuses not to deliver to me and have me come to their office to collect a package, and my BIL worked for them for 30+ years.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

One thing I can tell you based on personal experience.. If you ever ship a package and have it damaged and file a claim, UPS and Fedex first response will be denied.... You have to fight them to get your claim approved.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I see they ship it to Austin. im thinking ok no big deal. they'll ship it to me from Austin... NOPE. i just got a message saying they shipped it BACK TO FORT WORTH!
Whether they ship it to the right or wrong location it has to go back the area hub before being routed out. They don't have trucks that go from Killeen to Ft. Worth... If I mail or ship USPS from Temple to Belton (common border, small town/city) it goes all the way to Austin and then back the next day.

Not saying it's the way it should be but only that, that's how they set up cargo to move. It works ok when it goes right, but it's maddening when it goes wrong. Hang tight, hopefully you'll have it in another day or so.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

USPS was supposed to deliver to me on the 24th of August "by the end of the day". Not sure whose end of day they are talking about since my office closes at 5:00. Anyway, I checked the tracking number at 4:30 and it said delivered. Now I was at the office all day waiting on this package. It was for a job I needed to complete and couldn't without this part and this is a Friday. So I call the local PO and they look it up and shows that is is still at their facility and was never "out for delivery". I explain that this was ordered overnight express and was supposed to have been delivered by 10:00 am. So I then ask them if I can pick it up Saturday morning and they said yes. I go in on Saturday and then they say the carrier has it and its out for delivery--to a business--on a Saturday. I really had to bite my tongue but I didn't blow up and tell them how stupid they were. So, I go to the office and sit and wait. My mail carrier comes and he does not have the package but says it would be on a different truck since it was "over night". Now the tracking on the website has changed from delivered to "Out For Delivery" and arriving by the end of the day. I waited at the office again until 5:00 (wife was upset because we had plans) and still no package. Just for grins, I check the website Saturday night and it shows delivered (again). So on the way to church Sunday morning I stop by and sure enough, there is a "tried to deliver but no one here" sticker on my door with a time of 8:30 pm. At 8:30 Monday morning I was sitting at the PO with sticker in hand. They proceed to tell me that it went back out on the truck for delivery attempt again. Now my wife and kids tell me that when I get really upset, there is a vein on my forehead that pops up. I think it was probably about to explode by now. I leave, go back to the office and wait. At 9:55 the USPS truck pulls up and this guy gets out and comes in with my package. He was grinning from ear to ear and I wanted to slap that grin right off of his face, but I was nice. I go to the job site, install the part, come back to the office and call the post master. Of course he is not in at 2:00, but I left my number for him to call back, which he finally did the next morning. I explained the whole situation to him and his only comment was "I am sorry you had a bad experience". I had to demand my shipping cost be reduced to at least standard shipping rates because they guaranteed it would be here by 10:00 on Friday which it wasn't.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Back in the 70s I was at A&M and my Sister at TU Austin. My Sister sent me my favorite cake at the time for my BD. 45 days and 7 Fort Worth postmarks later I received my crumbs.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

So it isn't just me?
USPS
3 weeks ago I ordered a radio
Shipped from Frisco TX to Coppel Tx to Austin TX to Waco Tx back to Austin TX to be delivered to me 60 miles from Austin

Packages enjoy sightseeing trips too

FedeX
delivers to some people across town who load stuff in their pickup to bring to me ... I should reward them or take them to dinner, it occurs often

UPS I have good luck with ... except for fragile stuff

jar

Post by jar »

Of all the delivery options I've used I find USPS to be the best and most consistent, but sometimes strange things happen.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

This is why the gov't wants to take over your health care.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”