MOVIES: A few nice finds!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

MOVIES: A few nice finds!

Post by Grundy1133 »

I was strolling around my local wal mart yesterday waiting for the automotive dept to change my girlfriends oil when I saw this display of old retro movies. Their cardboard sleeves had the old "RENTAL ONLY" style VHS writing on them and the artwork was their original VHS box artwoork from when they were originally released (which already is bonus points becuase it reminds me of my childhood) so I thought to myself oh thats cool. they're doing a retro thing with older movies. then my eye caught Predator with Arnold himself on the cover. and for ~$7 i had to grab it... then I found a few other cult classics like The Crow, Spaceballs, Highlander, and Big Trouble In Little China. SCORE! they were each $5-$7 each. All blu-ray upscaled in 1080P with the retro/vintage cardboard sleeves that mimiced their VHS counterparts. It was definitely the highlight of my day. Just thought I'd share that in case there are any movie buffs out there looking for a bit of movie related nostalgia keep a look out at your local wal mart they might have a similar thing going on as well. They had a lot of other movies too its just there were the ones that really caught my attention. (and the fact that my gf just stared at me and was like, "seriously?" cause i started nerding out lol. I knew it was time to stop grabbing all the movies.)
NRA Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MOVIES: A few nice finds!

Post by Jusme »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:31 pm I was strolling around my local wal mart yesterday waiting for the automotive dept to change my girlfriends oil when I saw this display of old retro movies. Their cardboard sleeves had the old "RENTAL ONLY" style VHS writing on them and the artwork was their original VHS box artwoork from when they were originally released (which already is bonus points becuase it reminds me of my childhood) so I thought to myself oh thats cool. they're doing a retro thing with older movies. then my eye caught Predator with Arnold himself on the cover. and for ~$7 i had to grab it... then I found a few other cult classics like The Crow, Spaceballs, Highlander, and Big Trouble In Little China. SCORE! they were each $5-$7 each. All blu-ray upscaled in 1080P with the retro/vintage cardboard sleeves that mimiced their VHS counterparts. It was definitely the highlight of my day. Just thought I'd share that in case there are any movie buffs out there looking for a bit of movie related nostalgia keep a look out at your local wal mart they might have a similar thing going on as well. They had a lot of other movies too its just there were the ones that really caught my attention. (and the fact that my gf just stared at me and was like, "seriously?" cause i started nerding out lol. I knew it was time to stop grabbing all the movies.)

I now know what I've been doing wrong. I have never had my wife's oil changed! Even when we were dating. I had no idea that you could do that a Wally World! I am going to schedule that right away, it may explain a lot of issues I have dealt with over the years! :biggrinjester:

Congrats on finding movies you can watch.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

PBR

Post by PBR »

Better watch out local at wally world for that the local ones around here keep the mechanic shops in business with all their cross threading or loses wheel problems
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Those certainly are classics! It's been forever since I've seen Big Trouble In Little China :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

PBR wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 pm Better watch out local at wally world for that the local ones around here keep the mechanic shops in business with all their cross threading or loses wheel problems
Yeah I wont let them touch my car after an incident I had with them a few years ago... they're completely incompetent.
NRA Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

Grundy1133 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:54 pm
PBR wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 pm Better watch out local at wally world for that the local ones around here keep the mechanic shops in business with all their cross threading or loses wheel problems
Yeah I wont let them touch my car after an incident I had with them a few years ago... they're completely incompetent.
Yet you brought your GF's car to them?? :headscratch Are you the beneficiary on her life insurance? :lol:

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:54 pm
Yet you brought your GF's car to them?? :headscratch Are you the beneficiary on her life insurance? :lol:
hahaha no. she was driving. she chose to go to wally world. i was just along for the ride.
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”