Sheila Jackson Lee's staffer arrested in doxxing of Senators

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sheila Jackson Lee's staffer arrested in doxxing of Senators

Post by RPBrown »

Allons wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 am He's a democrat so found guilty, community service, a fine and a public apology to all those affected, should do it. Did I leave anything out?
Yeah, back to work by Monday
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:00 pm Sheila said it was just notes of support and encouragement. I suspect C-notes.
Thanks! I totally LOL'd... :lol:
Definitely going to steal that one.. "C-notes of encouragement" :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I wonder why philbo and Dale Blanker aren't commenting in this thread?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Pawpaw wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 pm I wonder why philbo and Dale Blanker aren't commenting in this thread?
Soros hasn't given them their talking points yet.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

sheila jackson should be investigated for the envelope and her staffer.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

How many interns haul off and do something like this without approval from the boss? How many would do so under a boss has a reputation even among Congresspeople as being unusually temperamental and vicious toward her staff?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

MaduroBU wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm How many interns haul off and do something like this without approval from the boss? How many would do so under a boss has a reputation even among Congresspeople as being unusually temperamental and vicious toward her staff?
Your point?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm
MaduroBU wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm How many interns haul off and do something like this without approval from the boss? How many would do so under a boss has a reputation even among Congresspeople as being unusually temperamental and vicious toward her staff?
Your point?
The point is he either had orders or permission to post the personal information.

Chas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm
Your point?
The point is he either had orders or permission to post the personal information.

Chas.

DING! DING! DING!

I can't find the information now, but when this first broke, they said, the computer that was used, to post the information, had an IP address, assigned to Feinstein's office. I'll keep looking for the source, but I have no doubt, he didn't just strike out blindly on his own, without at least complicit, consent, if not direct orders.

Everyday, I wonder, what the reaction would be, if any of the tactics the left is using, were employed, by the right. They make Watergate, look like a forgettable, April Fools joke. Why isn't Woodward, reporting on any of this? Oh yeah.. he is too busy, talking to WH janitors, about Trump. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:00 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:02 am I wonder what was in the envelope?

Sheila said it was just notes of support and encouragement. I suspect C-notes.
I hope the staffer in charge of putting C notes in envelopes is not the same staffer in charge of putting ricin in envelopes.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Where did the term "doxing" come from?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

According to Wikipedia... "Doxing" is a neologism that has evolved over its brief history. It comes from a spelling alteration of the abbreviation "docs" (for "documents") and refers to "compiling and releasing a dossier of personal information on someone".[11] Essentially, doxing is revealing and publicizing records of an individual, which were previously private or difficult to obtain.

The term dox derives from the slang "dropping dox," which, according to Wired writer Mat Honan, was "an old-school revenge tactic that emerged from hacker culture in 1990s". Hackers operating outside the law in that era used the breach of an opponent's anonymity as a means to expose opponents to harassment or legal repercussions.[11]

Consequently, doxing often comes with a negative connotation, because it can be a vehicle for revenge via the violation of privacy.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:52 am Where did the term "doxing" come from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

Look under etymology.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

I was trying to come up with something about Mars and Vietnam, but here's a few of her own.

http://www.dumbocratquotes.com/viewbype ... ersonid=40

A volunteer intern. Access to lots of computer data. Really not surprising. Happens on both sides. A conservative idiot threatened Rep Senators who might vote no on Brett. My facebook friends are saying this is how all Republicans are.

More compartmentalization is needed on sensitive data. Apparently that is a difficult concept for our government.

What is most enjoyable is that it is Sheila. To bad I haven't heard a funny quote from her on this,as she has gotten a lot of press, which she just loves.

Here is the Mars quote that the first one missed plus others.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-const ... ackson-lee

If I lived 100 yards from where I do, I would get to vote for her.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 am I was trying to come up with something about Mars and Vietnam, but here's a few of her own.

http://www.dumbocratquotes.com/viewbype ... ersonid=40

A volunteer intern. Access to lots of computer data. Really not surprising. Happens on both sides. A conservative idiot threatened Rep Senators who might vote no on Brett. My facebook friends are saying this is how all Republicans are.

More compartmentalization is needed on sensitive data. Apparently that is a difficult concept for our government.

What is most enjoyable is that it is Sheila. To bad I haven't heard a funny quote from her on this,as she has gotten a lot of press, which she just loves.

Here is the Mars quote that the first one missed plus others.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-const ... ackson-lee

If I lived 100 yards from where I do, I would get to vote for her opponent.
Fixed your post for you.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”