Tumbleweeds discussion

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Tumbleweeds discussion

Post by chuck j »

Well ! Should her and Wade get married ?

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BigGuy »

By all means.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 10

Post by SewTexas »

uh, obviously.....lol
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:55 pm uh, obviously.....lol

Your and BigGuy's imput was persusavie . We shall see ! Thank you !

DocV
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DocV »

chuck j wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:20 pm Well ! Should her and Wade get married ?
Sorry for not responding earlier.

If there is any more need to chime in, yep, I hope she and Wade get married. Wade needs a family to anchor him. I am looking forward to the rejoining of the folks at the ranch and the folks coming from Eliasville. I think there are some interesting interactions that might fall out of that. BTW, this story has been really helpful to me lately as it took my mind off of some dental issues. I'm on the mend now and hope your recovery from knee surgery is coming along too.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

New potential characters in the Garcia's , Lucy and Rosa are headed to the ranch . The potential change in their relationship between Wade and her . Captain Jack and Sam are gone now . A lot has happened in a short while . I'm sure there will be 'growing pains' as they all try to sort it out .

My knee is doing fine , everything is on schedule as far as recovery . I'm looking forward to the end result . I'm sorry to hear your having dental problems . Prayer is sent for your situation for fast recovery .

Charlie

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

OK, Some of my fans keep dropping Kathy Bates references on me when I don't get sequels out quickly enough. Well, I'm passing on the favor. Iffin you don't get Wade back to that ranch and him and her married, don't be surprised to find yourself chained to a bed and hobbled.
Last edited by BigGuy on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

The Missus is reading Tumbleweeds now. She really likes the way you so accurately portray the difficulty a woman had in those times taking care of children. As a very young girl, my wife rode on a cotton sack, tied around her mother's waste as she picked cotton. You could get Paregoric back in those days and there were time Mrs. Greenhill gave it to her second son (a baby at that time) so he would sleep while she worked in the field or garden.
The first house my wife lived in had electricity, but no indoor toilet. They did have a pump faucet in the kitchen sink. She could watch chickens under the house through the cracks in the floor.
I wish I could adequately explain how impressive her approval is. You've earned it.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thank you BigGuy . I know it seems slow moving a lot of times in the story but everyday life was slow except for the struggle to maintain . I well remember outhouses , wood stoves , hog killings , canning , tending a garden . I never intended to try and write a story as a non stop shoot em up western although I'm trying to keep some excitement in it . Thank you !

Charlie

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

BigGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:52 pm OK, Some of my fans keep dropping Kathy Bates references on me when I don't get sequels out quickly enough. Well, I'm passing on the favor. Iffin you don't get Wade back to that ranch and him and her married, don't be surprised to find yourself chained to a bed and hobbled.
A 'Misery" senero ! Dang , I'll see what we can do with Wade and her !

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Blue!!! poor pupper...... :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 am Blue!!! poor pupper...... :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
I know, right? I’m worried for him.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jason812
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am
SewTexas wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 am Blue!!! poor pupper...... :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
Yep, but I didn't want to say anything to influence the story.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

jason812 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:29 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am
Yep, but I didn't want to say anything to influence the story.

I finally couldn't hold it in....
~Tracy

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

You are welcome to influence the story . One reason I put this thread up !

Charlie

Return to “Off-Topic”