Turkey: Saudi journalist last seen at Saudi consulate in Turkey

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 22

Turkey: Saudi journalist last seen at Saudi consulate in Turkey

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/jamal-kha ... rbaric-way

So a Saudi journalist who has been very critical of his countries government disappears in Turkey. The Turkish government seems to feel foul play occurred at his countries consulate in Turkey. The words dismembered and cut up are used.

Considering the two countries, I'm really not sure who to believe here.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Turkey: Saudi journalist last seen at Saudi consulate in Turkey

Post by Jusme »

I'm thinking, if this guy knew the attitude, and actions of his country, and had publicly spoken out about them, the last place he should have gone, was the consulate. Saudi Arabia, doesn't take kindly, to those who criticize, especially their own citizens. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.apnews.com/7c8d85ea776a4a62 ... get-writer

Pictures of supposed hit crew including a man who is described as head of forensics in Saudi Arabia, whose job I guess would be to insure no evidence was left behind. Lots of video of him going in, but not going back out. His fiance was apparently waiting out side for him to leave.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 am https://www.apnews.com/7c8d85ea776a4a62 ... get-writer

Pictures of supposed hit crew including a man who is described as head of forensics in Saudi Arabia, whose job I guess would be to insure no evidence was left behind. Lots of video of him going in, but not going back out. His fiance was apparently waiting out side for him to leave.
It gives a new meaning for "liquidating a target"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Tur ... 300365.php

Turkey says they have audio of the murder inside the Saudi consulate.

Apparently they have bugs in foreign consulates in their country.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

So a country that is known for brutal punishments (cutting off the hands of thieves, stoning rape victims for adultery, etc) may have killed one of their citizens on that country's soil - embassies are considered to be that country's territory I believe.

I'm confused as to why we care so much about this. We have Rand Paul of all people calling for an end to Saudi foreign aid pending resolution of what happened here. Isn't he supposed to be against the US sticking it's nose into other countries affairs? Or was that just his dad?

And in the mean time, we have more and more evidence daily about the attempted coup that occurred in our own country, and no one seems to be concerned about that in the slightest.

What am I missing here?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:36 am So a country that is known for brutal punishments (cutting off the hands of thieves, stoning rape victims for adultery, etc) may have killed one of their citizens on that country's soil - embassies are considered to be that country's territory I believe.

I'm confused as to why we care so much about this. We have Rand Paul of all people calling for an end to Saudi foreign aid pending resolution of what happened here. Isn't he supposed to be against the US sticking it's nose into other countries affairs? Or was that just his dad?

And in the mean time, we have more and more evidence daily about the attempted coup that occurred in our own country, and no one seems to be concerned about that in the slightest.

What am I missing here?
KSA was British Protectorate in the 1800s, then US took the left front seat. KSA was a strategic place to never let go. Trump is waving his right hand at the Monarchs.
Iran was US fortress till 1979 when the Shah was deposed, also Iran has one of the largest oil reserves in the world
Iraq was next on the line due to huge oil reserves too, invaded in 2003 and the story of WMD or funding and supporting terrorists is all horse manure.

If you think US pays in blood and money to invade a country that never attacked US is for nothing, then please spent sometime reading some digitally archived newspapers.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:36 am So a country that is known for brutal punishments (cutting off the hands of thieves, stoning rape victims for adultery, etc) may have killed one of their citizens on that country's soil - embassies are considered to be that country's territory I believe.

What am I missing here?
Oil prices determine whether I can afford to buy a new gun.

rotor

Post by rotor »

What am I missing here?
I agree. This is our business?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 am

What am I missing here?
Oil prices determine whether I can afford to buy a new gun.
And oil prices go up if we have a spat with Saudi. Right before mid-terms. Helping the economy in certain states where there are contested senatorial elections, including Texas. Meanwhile no one can claim Trump is playing politics because the left has also jumped on this as a human rights issue?

I like it. That actually makes sense. Devious, and dangerous. But it at least makes sense.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"I'm confused as to why we care so much about this."

Me too...

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:08 pm "I'm confused as to why we care so much about this."

Me too...
As a general rule "we" wouldn't be. But, since this involved, a WAPO contributing journalist, and the left believes, our POTUS hates the media, and considers them, the "enemy". Trump must follow up on this. It is also political expedient, to demonstrate, that there are still " radical Islamic" factions, who are even more destructive to the 1A than what the left wing MSM portray Trump. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:54 am https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Tur ... 300365.php

Turkey says they have audio of the murder inside the Saudi consulate.

Apparently they have bugs in foreign consulates in their country.
It was reported this morning that the audio may have come from his Apple Watch. His fiancé was out side maybe with his iPhone. Techies will have to explain if this is possible.

Trump has already been blamed for this, since he considers WAPO the enemy.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/13/middleea ... index.html

Trump vows severe punishment for SA if they were responsible for his death.

CNN so could be fake news.

More guns in my future?

Return to “Off-Topic”