Insurance companies

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Insurance companies

Post by mojo84 »

OP, ask your agent or claims adjuster to show you in the policy where they can force you to use aftermarket non-OEM parts and where is says they can limit the payment to what they determine is reasonable.

Unfortunately, this kind of issue is exasperated when you buy insurance direct from a company or captive agent. You do not have an advocate unless you hire an attorney. Unfortunately, this is not big enough to justify hiring an attorney.

Good luck!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 pm
G26ster wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm
DocV wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 pm
I have been a USAA member for almost 50 years. I don't recall they ever covered any windshield repairs.
I've been with USAA for 52 years. here's a quote from the website re: windshield repair and auto glass repair/replacement:

Your windshield and auto glass are covered under comprehensive coverage. Your deductible doesn't apply when your windshield is repaired, which is why USAA promotes windshield repair when and where possible.

The following states have specific coverage and deductibles: AZ, CT, FL, KY, MA, MN, NY and SC. Please review your policy for further details.

The claims department determines whether repair is possible and if the deductible will apply for glass replacement at the time a claim is reported.
Keep in mind, there is a difference between "repair" and "replacement" when it comes to glass coverage. What you quoted tells me if they are able to repair a chip or crack, the deductible doesn't apply. If they have to teplace the windshield, the deductible does apply.
This is true. If my windshield is damaged, and can be repaired, I will pay nothing. If it needs to be replaced I will pay my $100 comprehensive deductible and they pay the rest.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

USAA has always repaired my chips with Safelite at no cost to me. The one time I had to replace a windshield it was at a reduced deductible as the break was caused by an animal ( bird strike). The agent said this was common with insurance companies if the damage was caused by an animal( this was also back in the mid eighties).

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

G26ster wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 pm
This is true. If my windshield is damaged, and can be repaired, I will pay nothing. If it needs to be replaced I will pay my $100 comprehensive deductible and they pay the rest.
This is also how state farm works and I have recent data. Replaced a windshield on my F150 last year. Also the safelite full cost without insurance would have been 470.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

rotor wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pmI have been a member since 1972. I don't recall anything that implied an anti 2a stance.
I have only been a member for a few years, since they changed their membership policies to include all veterans and all ranks. They have a slight anti-2A stance based on their posting all of their property in San Antonio with the proper 30.06 signage as soon as the law passed allowing it.
Steve Rothstein

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

srothstein wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 pm
rotor wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pmI have been a member since 1972. I don't recall anything that implied an anti 2a stance.
I have only been a member for a few years, since they changed their membership policies to include all veterans and all ranks. They have a slight anti-2A stance based on their posting all of their property in San Antonio with the proper 30.06 signage as soon as the law passed allowing it.
There's also belief that they were against MPA. The state rep VanDerSomething was very against for no reason, except USAA was the 800 lb gorilla in her district.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

bbhack wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:48 am
srothstein wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 pm
There's also belief that they were against MPA. The state rep VanDerSomething was very against for no reason, except USAA was the 800 lb gorilla in her district.
USAA also opposed the Employer Parking Lot law. They tried to get an amendment that would have exempted USAA from it's provisions, but that failed.

Chas.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am
USAA also opposed the Employer Parking Lot law. They tried to get an amendment that would have exempted USAA from it's provisions, but that failed.

Chas.
MPA and Parking Lot are closely related, but I think I had them tied together in my mind. I'll have to check what I said.
Edit: I was wrong about MPA. I was thinking about Employer Parking Lot law, as Charles pointed out. Thanks.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

priusron

Post by priusron »

I have Amica. I just had my second windshield replaced in 6 months at no charge. In 2013 I had a claim and they paid me $220,000. Three months later they renewed and lowered my rates.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

USAA somewhat covered my car windshield. Had $250 deductible and the total bill was $329. We tried doing it with Safelite but they didn't show up for the scheduled appointment so I advised USAA that Safelite was no longer an option. We got American Auto Glass to do it and I'm satified with the results
N5PNZ

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

priusron wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 pm I have Amica. I just had my second windshield replaced in 6 months at no charge. In 2013 I had a claim and they paid me $220,000. Three months later they renewed and lowered my rates.
I also have Amica and have never had an issue with a claim. It's also nice to get a dividend check back from them.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”