Small town circles the wagons

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Small town circles the wagons

Post by jason812 »

I've withheld posting this for awhile, not sure why but I have wanted to share this for a while.

Back story:
We have been living in a camper while our shop is being built to then build living quarters inside. My family was staying outside my mom's house but she decided to sell her house so my brother said we could park next to his house. He has full hookups as well. This was the middle of July and he lives in a small (less than 500 population) town 20 minutes west of Waco.

We let my daughter go to vacation Bible school at the Baptist church my brother's family goes to. Being as its half a mile with a 30mph speed limit in a very small town , I let my 4 year old daughter sit in my lap and drive to church. Keep in mind the community and the distance and don't get all holier than though about her driving. I told her it would be ok cause there were no police to catch us. Of course after doing this, she wanted to drive every day.

On Wednesday I'm getting to the church and what do I see, a Sheriff coming down the street. I was thinking we were busted but probably not going to get trouble. He stopped outside the church and was talking to someone.
I dropped my girl off and my sister-in-law who is very active in the church told me my brother was across the street. I just said ok as I had to go check on the shop and well digging progress at my land.

Later that evening, my sister-in-law asked me if I talked to my brother. I told her no and she said I need to. Turns out, sometime in the middle of the night, a man posted something on the Facebook and was tagged at the church. It was at 3 or 4 in the morning and said something to the effect, this has got to end. I don't have Facebook but got my wife look at his page. It was full of satanic type posts.

I asked why I wasn't told about this and my sister-in-law said "I told you your brother was across the street." I replied something to the effect that I'm not a mind reader, next time say I need to go see my brother.

Turns out the sheriff deputy was there because the church called them and they were making the rounds. My brother was watching the street along with several others. I sat with him that Thursday in his truck, of course we were armed with long guns. He pointed out three other trucks posted around the church with men setting inside protecting the church along with several parishioners standing outside who were concealed carrying. There were also a few ladies inside carrying concealed as well. All 4 corners were covered. Turns out, there was provably 10-12 armed citizens protecting the town's children while they were at vacation Bible school. I thought it was awesome how the whole town came together. The pastor doesn't care if the flock open carriers on Sunday and was the one who called the men to help out.

Fast forward to 12 October... the same guy who made the Facebook post was arrested for stabbing a man in Waco. Clearly the church did not over react to calling in some sheep dogs to watch the flock.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Polic ... 18981.html
Police said the stabbing was the result of an argument that started at a nearby 7-Eleven store and continued as the two men drove toward the mall.

The dispute turned physical inside the car in the restaurant parking lot.

After the stabbing, the 26-year-old suspect fled, leaving the victim in the parking
My brother is sharing this tomorrow at church.

Don't mess with a small town.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SewTexas

Re: Small town circles the wagons

Post by SewTexas »

wow!

I remember the day of the New Life shooting and for weeks after, I don't know of any church in Co Springs that didn't have armed people on campus...just regular folks with their CHLs walking the halls or in the parking lots. People will protect themselves, given 1/2 a chance.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Good move by a good community!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Good for them (the church).

I googled the subject, not his first encounter with the law.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”