New house + insurance

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New house + insurance

Post by puma guy »

Congrats on your new home, Andy! You have to get riders for things like jewelry, art and guns. And as mentioned there's NRA basic and the extra coverage they offer as well.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

A big +1 on the NRA coverage. Before I learned about it, I had my guns covered by the same company that covers my jewelry (not my homeowners insurance company). The NRA backed policy is a much better deal.

Also, how did you cover your guns before you bought the house? I think most renter's insurance policies would have the same limitations as homeowner's policies in this regard.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

AndyC wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 pm My bad, actually - I had thought that I was covered up to $150k for everything, but failed to ask about firearms specifically. It was quite a shock when I realized that all this time I'd been under-insured re the firearms.
That's scary. We try to ask our clients how much they have in guns, jewelry, fine arts and collectibles, silverware, musical instruments, cameras and precious metals etc. All of these things can and maybe should be scheduled if there is a significant total value or if any one item has a significant value.

In some policies, if guns are not scheduled, they are not covered for theft but will have coverage for fire or if they blow away.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”