U.S. Voter records sold, including Texas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 1

U.S. Voter records sold, including Texas

Post by rotor »

An interesting article on the possible hacking and use of voting records from 19 states, including Texas. This material is for sale, for the right price. This may be legally obtainable material but certainly can be used in an election.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-voter- ... 1885042619

FYI

ELB

Re: U.S. Voter records sold, including Texas

Post by ELB »

You can go to the elections office or clerk for your county and get voter registration information on a disk. It is public info in Texas. Anyone interested in getting elected in Texas will get a copy of this to find out where to campaign. IIRC, at our local office you have to pay for paper copies, but downloaded onto a disk is free. You can probably get the whole state if you go through the Secretary of State's office.
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Re: U.S. Voter records sold, including Texas

Post by mojo84 »

I thought it was common knowledge the voting records are publicly available. The records provide quite a bit of information that shows who voted in party primaries and general elections. It doesn't show for whom you voted.

There is even software that helps analyze the data to help them target their message.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”