Now We Have a Snow White Problem.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Now We Have a Snow White Problem.

Post by flechero »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm I like reading philbo, blanker and whatever other left leaning members we have. I leaned left when I was young. I grew up though. In any event, I really don't like censorship of any kind. I don't understand how one can be pro 2A and vote democratic but there must be some logic behind it. Of course, when I was young democrats believed in the 2A too.
I'd welcome an intelligent discussion with any of them... But it's not that they lean left that bugs me, it's that they just seem to hate Trump- often without care or concern for the source or facts.

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Each new generation believes that they are smarter, know more about life, etc. than their predecessors. But, this PC thing and the rewriting of history trend takes the cake. I am concerned about the future of the country and its citizens.
TX CHL 1997

sugar land dave.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sugar land dave. »

If you cannot campaign on solutions, invent problems and claim the other guy isn't dealing with them. This is a sad time in politics. Snow White was lucky she had some one who cared more about her than appearances.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Since the OP mentioned "The Three Little Pigs", I figured I'd drop this for people to get a laugh.

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I don't think that it's necessary to be democrat to oppose Trump. Barry Goldwater would've excoriated the man daily were he still with us.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

President Trump is doing a great job!

No, he's not warm and cuddly - he just gets the job done.

That's fine by me...

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

People that vote Democrat hope they are the ones holding the gun while they put you in the box car!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Maybe it's a good thing for folks like Philbo to come and post. I'd advise not responding with insults though. When I first came to this board, I was pretty liberal and (God forgive me) an Obama supporter. But as I stayed on this (and a couple of other boards) I fell prey to your dastardly logic, reasoning, and clear thinking. It's almost as though I had awakened from a coma. Insults would have driven me away. Exposure to rational thought enlightened me.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

BigGuy,

I like your style, but I gotta tell ya, when a leftist starts in, I can't bear to read their nonsensical posts/ideas.

I tolerantly listened and read them for many years, but find tuning them out by benefitting with the 'ignore' feature works best for me and my blood pressure.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

sugar land dave. wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:35 pm If you cannot campaign on solutions, invent problems and claim the other guy isn't dealing with them. This is a sad time in politics. Snow White was lucky she had some one who cared more about her than appearances.
Who? In both the Grimm and Disney versions, her beauty is what motivates the dwarfs and the prince. It's why the huntsman doesn't kill her. For that matter, her beauty is also why the vain queen tries to kill her. Snow White's looks drive the whole plot.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Good for you, BigGuy!
TX CHL 1997

sugar land dave.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sugar land dave. »

bigtek wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:44 pm
sugar land dave. wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:35 pm If you cannot campaign on solutions, invent problems and claim the other guy isn't dealing with them. This is a sad time in politics. Snow White was lucky she had some one who cared more about her than appearances.
Who? In both the Grimm and Disney versions, her beauty is what motivates the dwarfs and the prince. It's why the huntsman doesn't kill her. For that matter, her beauty is also why the vain queen tries to kill her. Snow White's looks drive the whole plot.
Snow White is a simple story of human interactions, yet there are many potential motivations for caring in a positive or negative way, just as there are many possible good or bad actions people can choose as a value judgement on risk versus reward. There are often many complexities when dealing with human emotions, logic, and the search for love, understanding, self, and position in life and society.

In my view of the world, guided by the love and gifts God has given me, I will choose to value positive, but recognize negative. I will not give in to hate served as a meal for political favor.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Just read today that they (you know... "they") removed the swimsuit component of the Miss America pageant, due to it being "sexist" and promoting focus on looks instead of intelligence and personality. Guess the concept of "beautiful woman" is lost on them.
-Ruark

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

G26ster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 pm In the Disney animated movie, the prince is a bad man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 2bb5aa9149

The Dems could really grab onto to this by adding to readers distributed in grade school:

1. The 3 Little Pigs demonstrates that only the wealthy can afford decent housing, while the rest of the county must suffer with inadequate dwellings, leaving them vulnerable to all sorts of natural and man made disasters, because Republicans only care about the rich.

2. There Was an Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe demonstrates that without gov't mandated distribution of birth control, women will suffer and have to live in cramped quarters, living on their own without the ability to earn a living, unless gov't supplied child care is mandated. This is being blocked by Republicans.

3. London Bridge is Falling Down, and so are our bridges and infrastructure, because the Republicans won't authorize the needed spending but would rather waste the money on a wall that wouldn't have any effect other than to prevent refugees fleeing oppression from seeking asylum.

4. Old Mother Hubbard's dog died, because she had no food to give it. Her cubbard was bare because the Republicans have cut food stamps and other aid to the elderly, while giving aid to rich corporations.

5. Rain Rain Go Away. The flooding, hurricanes, tornados, are the result of climate change, which the Republicans refuse to recognize, and are dooming us all to destruction.

OK folks, come up with your own if you'd like :biggrinjester:

Mary Poppins, promotes the notion, of women in roles of servitude, and children being allowed to think for themselves, without the proper government oversight. :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

sugar land dave. wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:09 pm
bigtek wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:44 pm
Snow White is a simple story of human interactions, yet there are many potential motivations for caring in a positive or negative way, just as there are many possible good or bad actions people can choose as a value judgement on risk versus reward. There are often many complexities when dealing with human emotions, logic, and the search for love, understanding, self, and position in life and society.

In my view of the world, guided by the love and gifts God has given me, I will choose to value positive, but recognize negative. I will not give in to hate served as a meal for political favor.
The very condition of a deconstruction may be at work in the work, within the system to be deconstructed. It may already be located there, already at work. Not at the center, but in an eccentric center, in a corner whose eccentricity assures the solid concentration of the system, participating in the construction of what it, at the same time, threatens to deconstruct. One might then be inclined to reach this conclusion: deconstruction is not an operation that supervenes afterwards, from the outside, one fine day. It is always already at work in the work. Since the destructive force of Deconstruction is always already contained within the very architecture of the work, all one would finally have to do to be able to deconstruct, given this always already, is to do memory work. Yet since I want neither to accept nor to reject a conclusion formulated in precisely these terms, let us leave this question suspended for the moment.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Strike a match and see who's missin'

Return to “Off-Topic”