Early Voting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

clarionite
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Early Voting

Post by clarionite »

Abraham wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am Yes, they are.

I went to vote and to get there, I had to drive through heavy rain.

Voters filled the court house, but to their credit, the voting officials were very, very efficient. It took me about 10 minutes (or less) to get to a voting booth.

All voting were middle aged to geezers.
Same where I voted in Boerne. But I take that as a good sign. This is a more conservative area. There are plenty of liberal geezers here, but they're out numbered. I would tend to believe the younger voters are more liberal here.

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pushpullpete »

Abraham wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am All voting were middle aged to geezers.
heeyyy, I resemble that remark :lol:

My wife & I just swung thru McKinney CCC campus. We parked & walked in looking for the end of the line. Sorry.
It turned out to be there was NO line. Pulled out our IDs and walked right to the check in table, sign, vote & out.
SEVEN minutes from the time we got out of the car to announce our intentions, I was starting it to leave. I've never
been in & out so fast, but, apparently they were very busy yesterday. :thewave

:txflag: :patriot:

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Good news from Alvin.

I voted yesterday and the line was out the door with about 40 or so folks outside in line. We all had a good time making fun of Beto and his campaign. Only one person out of the 40ish folks there seemed uncomfortable with the anti-Robert Frances banter.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

This was the line when I voted. That library is probably 150 feet deep and once to the head of the line it turns 90 degrees and goes that much farther to the doors. It continued back about twoce as far along the wall of the second building as the part you see in the photo. Then turned 90 degrees across the parking lot and another 90 backtracking to where I stood taking the photo. When I came out about 2 hours later it was almost as long. It was that long about 11 when I got there and said no and went to eat. The same when I got in line about noon and again when I finally finished voting and left about 2. They had 36 machines total and 8 people manning the "welcome desk".
Attachments
IMG_0308.jpg
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Li'l Miss Vol Texan and I are working the polls on election day this year (as we always do). I figure I'll wait until then to vote.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Line in Plano at Davis library was about 45 minutes but they only had nine machines at the place. Turn out is more than expected I suppose.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Just got back from voting. Decided to wear a sleeveless shirt to show my support to the right to keep and "bare arms" :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm Line in Plano at Davis library was about 45 minutes but they only had nine machines at the place. Turn out is more than expected I suppose.
I was at the same place yesterday. Took about fifteen minutes to find a parking spot. I asked a guy who was coming out of the building, how long it took. He told me fourty-five minutes. I decided to try again today.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I hope the Russians didn't hack the voting machines in Springtown!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ed4032 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm Line in Plano at Davis library was about 45 minutes but they only had nine machines at the place. Turn out is more than expected I suppose.
I was at the same place yesterday. Took about fifteen minutes to find a parking spot. I asked a guy who was coming out of the building, how long it took. He told me fourty-five minutes. I decided to try again today.
They were using a small room off to the side rather than the larger area they used for main elections. There were exactly 9 machines. Not many if you have larger turn out in our area.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oljames3 »

Voted yesterday. Three in line, all inside.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

flechero

Post by flechero »

We've had crazy long lines as well- outside and around the building and around the parking lot as well! :shock: Luckily today was not too bad because of the rain. We only waited about 15 minutes. :txflag:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

El Paso set a 1 st day record of 17,000 early voters....... so vote TEXAS.

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

My wife and I voted yesterday, Wednesday. Long line, at least for Matagorda County with seven voting machines. The lady working the voting booth said normally for the mid-terms 100 voters is considered a good day. She said for Monday and Tuesday there were about 600 voters each day and she expected the same number for Wednesday.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Voted, at 9am. no lines, 3mins, straight ticket is still there.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”