Early Voting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Early Voting

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

I went in about 4:30 this afternoon.

Walked in, showed my ID, chit-chatted briefly, again, about the name of road I live on, signed by my name, marked my ballot, dropped it in the box, said my "thank yous" to the ladies working, and was out. Elapsed time 5 min.

That's small town though. I did hear the lines were longer this morning.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm Soccerdad1995,

I'm naturally skeptical when I'm 'warned' in the arena of politics/voting, etc.

Unless, the earth is going to open up on me or an avalanche of some sort is about to start because I whistled, don't 'warn me'....that kinda thing annoys me.

Am I being grumpy...yep.

I'ma grump of late, or least more so than usual. (I've gotten some very serious negative things in my direction lately that's causing my 'already' grumpiness level to elevate)...but, you're most probably right and I'm just being difficult, which is of course easy for me...
I tend to suffer from the same affliction. Or so my wife tells me.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I went, north side of Houston, and line was so long I didn't have time to stand that long. Good turn out and let's hope it's for the good guys. I'll go back this week for early voting, likely first thing tomorrow morning.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

howdy

Post by howdy »

Voted today in Katy. In and out in 15 minutes. Fairly long line but they had 20+ machines.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I voted today, about 4pm. 20 minutes for in and out. Line was long, but there was more than 30 ballot machines.

I asked if I could vote Democrat style, early and often. I was denied because I voted straight Republican.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

striker55

Post by striker55 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:38 pm Henderson county had the longest early voting lines I've seen. Good turnout. Poll workers commented the same.

It appears I got some looks as if (because I'm younger) I was going to vote for the drunken Irishman, hopefully the "come and take it" hat made them realize that I wasn't... lol

But then again you can't really tell what other people are thinking. I was certainly the second youngest person in line. Only one other guy looked 18. Everyone else looked over 30 (I'm 27).
I noticed a lot of grey hair people in line, guess it's because retired people dont have to take off from work to vote. :patriot: And I'm one of those people. :lol:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Went to vote yesterday, but due to a misprint in my local paper, I got there 5 minutes after the poll closed. The paper said the polls would be open until six, this week and then until seven starting Saturday. The election official said that it was a mistake by the paper, and that they close at 5 this week. Not a big deal, I'll just leave work earlier today. But I have a question. Can I claim voter suppression? :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Does the paper lean 'left'?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 am Does the paper lean 'left'?
No it's a very conservative paper, I think there was just a miscommunication, or someone fat fingered their keyboard. There were others who had the same info trying to vote, I would have made it earlier, but their was a minor emergency at work yesterday afternoon, so I was later than normal leaving. I'll get it done this afternoon.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

voted at 4:30pm yesterday, i cast the 606th vote that day. seems like the turnout on day 1 is huge and even larger than past mid-term and presidential election years.
NRA Life Member

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Denton county Breaks Record

https://www.dentonrc.com/news/denton-co ... 566d7.html
Elections Administrator Frank Phillips said the county surpassed in-person totals from the entire first day of early voting in the 2014 midterms by 10 a.m. Monday. By the close of business, 17,278 people had cast a ballot out of the county’s 504,567 registered voters.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

People are fired up.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Yes, they are.

I went to vote and to get there, I had to drive through heavy rain.

Voters filled the court house, but to their credit, the voting officials were very, very efficient. It took me about 10 minutes (or less) to get to a voting booth.

All voting were middle aged to geezers.

Return to “Off-Topic”