Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Pittsburgh synagogue shooter tended to by Jewish doctors and nurses, officials say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pittsburgh-s ... icials-say
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jason812
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jason812 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:24 pm
jason812 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm You would think if there were one block of people whose "leadership" would instill self defense and preservation, it would be the Jewish people.
Perhaps you have not heard of a small country in the Middle East? :biggrinjester:
Yes and I wish the US government would adopt some of the Israeli ways of doing things.

I was referring to the "leadership" of the Jewish people in this country. Vary different mindsets between here and there.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm Pittsburgh synagogue shooter tended to by Jewish doctors and nurses, officials say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pittsburgh-s ... icials-say
I wonder if this guy need a blood transfusion and if so, were the donors Jewish? Will he then try to cut himself to relieve his body of Jewish blood... one can hope.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

jason812 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:24 pm
jason812 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm You would think if there were one block of people whose "leadership" would instill self defense and preservation, it would be the Jewish people.
Perhaps you have not heard of a small country in the Middle East? :biggrinjester:
Yes and I wish the US government would adopt some of the Israeli ways of doing things.

I was referring to the "leadership" of the Jewish people in this country. Vary different mindsets between here and there.
I know. I have written here before that Jews in the US are NO MORE A MONOLITHIC BLOC than any other religious / ethnic group. In recent years the largest and most liberal stream of Judaism in the US has indeed moved farther to the left, consistent with the Dems in general.

I also reported here that I recently participated in Republican Jewish Fundraisers for both Pete Sessions and Ted Cruz. I also attended a local "Sheloshim" (marking 30 days of mourning) for Ari Fuld (of blessed memory) who was well known in the Texas Jewish community. Ari was a 45 year old married Jewish American father of 4 who lived in Judea Samaria, was a huge supporter of the USA and Israel, was a paratrooper reservist and a judo instructor. He was stabbed in the back by a 17 year old Fakestinian terrorist, and before bleeding out Ari chased the terrorist down and shot him. I noted more than one attendee at that Sheloshim carrying.

So I do not disgree at all with your statement, I just wanted to point out that I always try to never say 'always" and "never" or generally to generalize. :thumbs2:
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Those who promote hatred of Jews because in their deranged minds the Jewish people are responsible for all the things wrong in the world are evil.

Evil is neither left nor right nor center, Democrat nor Republican nor Libertarian , Jew nor Christian nor Muslim nor other religious people, nor is it white nor black nor brown nor yellow nor red. Evil is just that, evil. Many, many people are deceived by and persuaded by evil. This evil leads people down dark paths where their minds are corrupted and the serpent’s words become their own.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Ruark wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:08 pm
Jusme wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm
This guy was a nut. He had just flown under the radar. A Holocost denier, anti-semite, and an anti-Trumper, blaming Trump for supporting Israel.
Yep. Of course, as always, the media takes it and blows everything out of proportion. I'm already seeing news articles decrying "anti-Semitism in America" like it's some huge movement we need to do something about.
Maybe I'm not well versed enough to understand how Trump, can be labeled "anti-semetic" he supported Israel, in their defense against Hamas, he moved the embassy, to Jerusalem, he stood up to Iran, and cut off their US funding in support of Israel, his daughter, converted, to Judaism, after marrying her Jewish husband. All I can claim, is that I follow the teachings of a Jewish carpenter and I have shared a few meals with Bitter Clinger. What does that make me? :headscratch

If I'm not mistaken, our previous POTUS, did just the opposite, and counted Farrakhan, as his bff.
Just saying...
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm
All I can claim, is that I follow the teachings of a Jewish carpenter and I have shared a few meals with Bitter Clinger. What does that make me? :headscratch
Me too. I believe Felonia Von Pantsuit (aka Still Not President) calls us deplorables! I’ve been called worse.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Jusme wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm All I can claim, is that I follow the teachings of a Jewish carpenter and I have shared a few meals with Bitter Clinger. What does that make me? :headscratch
Well I believe, according to the left, as you were willing to "only share a few meals" with a Jewish friend, you likely considered him a "token" friend for purposes of "feigning" tolerance, and behind his back probably uttered anti-Semitic remarks. IOW, you're a RACIST!

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Yup...the U.S. Jewish community is most certainly NOT monolithic. I saw some Twitter posts out there that said the shooting at Tree of Life was no big deal because they were "conservative" Jews. Sometimes the idiocy of the left knows no bounds.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm Yup...the U.S. Jewish community is most certainly NOT monolithic. I saw some Twitter posts out there that said the shooting at Tree of Life was no big deal because they were "conservative" Jews. Sometimes the idiocy of the left knows no bounds.
The Jewish faith has 3 branches, so to speak:

Orthodox, Conservative, Reform. The vast majority of Jews is the U.S. are Conservative.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

G26ster wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm Yup...the U.S. Jewish community is most certainly NOT monolithic. I saw some Twitter posts out there that said the shooting at Tree of Life was no big deal because they were "conservative" Jews. Sometimes the idiocy of the left knows no bounds.

Orthodox, Conservative, Reform. The vast majority of Jews is the U.S. are Conservative.
Sorry G26ster but your info is, unfortunately, not quite accurate. The Reform Movement is the largest segment of US Jews and overwhelmingly liberal in their religious practice and their politics (around 40% of all US Jews). Conservative and Orthodox make up about an equal 40% of the total population, Conservative being about 3/4 of that (3:1 Conservative to Orthodox). Conservative and Orthodox share more traditional values and as you follow the spectrum toward Orthodoxy, the politics becomes more traditionally conservative and Republican as well. Since Trumps election there has been a overall movement of more Jews toward the Republican party, but an overwhelming majority still vote Democratic, a throwback to Roosevelt and WWII. Many Jews remain woefully ignorant of the fact that Roosevelt refused to bomb the train tracks to Auschwitz.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:37 pm
G26ster wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Sorry G26ster but your info is, unfortunately, not quite accurate. The Reform Movement is the largest segment of US Jews and overwhelmingly liberal in their religious practice and their politics (around 40% of all US Jews). Conservative and Orthodox make up about an equal 40% of the total population, Conservative being about 3/4 of that (3:1 Conservative to Orthodox). Conservative and Orthodox share more traditional values and as you follow the spectrum toward Orthodoxy, the politics becomes more traditionally conservative and Republican as well. Since Trumps election there has been a overall movement of more Jews toward the Republican party, but an overwhelming majority still vote Democratic, a throwback to Roosevelt and WWII. Many Jews remain woefully ignorant of the fact that Roosevelt refused to bomb the train tracks to Auschwitz.
You're correct. I was using memory from my childhood and teens in the 40s, 50s, where according to Internet sources, 41% of Jews in the U.S. were Conservative. That number has now dropped to 18%. Times sure have changed

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Heartening. This is my America.

Pittsburgh Muslim community offers protection for Jewish services after mass shooting
We just want to know what you need," Wasi Mohamed said late Sunday. "If it’s people outside your next service protecting you, let us know. We’ll be there.

"If you need anything at all, if you need food for the families, if you just need someone to come to the grocery store because you don’t feel safe in this city, we’ll be there. And I’m sure everybody in the room would say the same thing."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jason812

Post by jason812 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm Heartening. This is my America.

Pittsburgh Muslim community offers protection for Jewish services after mass shooting
We just want to know what you need," Wasi Mohamed said late Sunday. "If it’s people outside your next service protecting you, let us know. We’ll be there.

"If you need anything at all, if you need food for the families, if you just need someone to come to the grocery store because you don’t feel safe in this city, we’ll be there. And I’m sure everybody in the room would say the same thing."
:tiphat:

thaidragon

Post by thaidragon »

:txflag: :thumbs2: :tiphat: :thewave :thewave
RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm Heartening. This is my America.

Return to “Off-Topic”