Foreign influence in our elections

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Foreign influence in our elections

Post by philip964 »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jk ... 43889648d8

JK Rowling roasts Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

She may or may not be right or wrong, but she not American and does not live here.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Foreign influence in our elections

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jk ... 43889648d8

She may or may not be right or wrong, but she not American and does not live here.
Who is JK Rowling?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 am
philip964 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jk ... 43889648d8

Who is JK Rowling?
Single mom from England who wrote some books for kids about witches and warlocks.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

I know who she is (think harry plopper) and don't care one iota what she has to say about...anything.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Abraham wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 am I know who she is (think harry plopper) and don't care one iota what she has to say about...anything.
But she is influential to the children who read her books they are all now 18.

With all the problems England has, why does she care so much about Sarah Huckabee Sanders?

Has the special council investigated, if she violated the law and sent some money to Hillary?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I don't the answers to your questions...?

I place her in the 'entertainer' category, meaning such opinions espoused by them is roughly 99.9% leftist.

Is she particularly influential?

Maybe, but she will speak out her garbage without fear of being criticized as the U.K. is now dominated by the left.

However, I'm not going to be anxious about what a twit writer (including people like stephen king) here in the U.S. have to say.

Creepo leftists will speak and so will Conservatives.

It's the way of the world.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I nearly threw out my daughter's Harry Potter DVDs after JKR complained after the Brexit vote that she wished magic was real so that Brexit could be reversed. Another example of one of those left wing snobs who once they have their hundreds of millions quickly forgets how ordinary people live.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

flechero

Post by flechero »

Funny how the super rich leftists think they need to help fix the other places still intact, after they have ruined their own.

She excels in the world of make believe, so I completely understand why she would think her opinion has more weight than your or mine. Maybe she could drum up some magic to make criminals follow the law....

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

When the US government tries to influence foreign politics, why shouldn't foreign governments try to influence US politics?

When US citizens comment on sociopolitical events and trends in other countries, why shouldn't foreigners comment on US sociopolitical events and trends?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

G.G.,

Which way are your comments politically leaning?

Are you saying other countries get to have their 'fair share' of political comments regarding the U.S.?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Crickets...?

Hhhmmmm....

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:05 am Crickets...?

Hhhmmmm....
I read it as ," what's good for the goose, is good for the gander." Could be wrong.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

G26ster,

Maybe...maybe not.

Not necessarily this person, but some arrive here and start off sounding like moderate or harsh Conservatives and then slowly reveal themselves as otherwise...

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm in the middle of Greg Jarretts "The Russia Hoax" and in it he reveals how hillary hired a foreign agency represented by christopher steele to mine 'opposition researach'.

This was a big fat lie.

It wasn't 'opposition researach'.

It was a total fabrication to slander President Trump.

There's some foreign influence...at it's worst.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

With our decentralized voting I fail to see how any foreign entity could have a significant impact, even the different cities in Texas use different machines, the machines themselves are not connected to any central computer, the biggest issue I see is inept or corrupt (florida) election officials!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”