YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Post by G.A. Heath »

I just learned of this and it's almost over, less than four hours to go at the time of my posting.

The Yavapai Amateur Radio Club is having a special event for the 147th birthday of the NRA at gunsite, mostly. The special event call sign is K7NRA Details at https://www.w7yrc.org/nrabirthday
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Post by 2farnorth »

Heard them on 20 meters. Weak signal. Didn't have time/power to work through the pile up.
N5PNZ

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

I was unable to work them myself, had trouble hearing them on 40 meters due to what sounded like AM traffic covering them up. Never heard them on 20 meters.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDgal »

I came across them on 14.250, just above the noise floor. They were pretty busy, so I went and made a couple of contacts on up the dial. Went back a while later and didn't hear them any more. Would have been a good contact to have made. 73
XDgal

Return to “Off-Topic”