$2 bills

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: $2 bills

Post by tbrown »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pmOne of the items that was planned for, was a large stash of American paper currency, to use once the emergency had passed. At the time, the BPE (Bureau of Printing and Engraving) had printed a large amount of $2 bills. The problem was that Americans don't like to use them. The planners diverted all these unwanted bills in order to provide some legal tender after the catastrophe was over.
Do you know if that's what they did with the Warren dollar coins they starting minting in 2000?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

I heard that certain ill reputed establishments used to give $2 bills out as change for drinks. I have no idea why...and I believe that inflation has rendered them unacceptable as "tips" in these same establishments. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

ScottDLS wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm I heard that certain ill reputed establishments used to give $2 bills out as change for drinks. I have no idea why...and I believe that inflation has rendered them unacceptable as "tips" in these same establishments. :biggrinjester:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Off-Topic”