Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Post by Boxerrider »

$250 million? I don't know how Bezos will ever afford that now that isn't getting $3 billion from AOC.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Liberty wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:36 pm I think its a ridiculous amount.
Considering he is going to be the "Covington Kid" in every job interview for the rest of his life, I think it might not be enough...

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Double post! Delete this one
Last edited by Liberty on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Considering he is going to be the "Covington Kid" in every job interview for the rest of his life, I think it might not be enough...
I don't know how true this is. The public has a very short memory, and I believe that he has pretty much been cleared in the public eye. Even though it was only a couple weeks ago I can't remember his name.

I'm not trying to justify the Post and the slander done to him, I'm not even denying that he deserves some recompense. Just that $259Mill is ridiculous amount of money, and that the damages aren't that much.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Liberty wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:21 pm
I don't know how true this is. The public has a very short memory, and I believe that he has pretty much been cleared in the public eye. Even though it was only a couple weeks ago I can't remember his name.

I'm not trying to justify the Post and the slander done to him, I'm not even denying that he deserves some recompense. Just that $259Mill is ridiculous amount of money, and that the damages aren't that much.
Any good HR manager knows to Google applicant names.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 60

Post by philip964 »

But will he be accepted to Harvard like the Parkland kid.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

AndyC wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 pm $50 mil for him, $200 mil punitive damages. Good; these outlets need to start learning that they can't run roughshod over the truth to push their political agendas at some kid's expense.
I can’t imagine what Kathy Griffin is thinking now. AOC isn’t worried because she doesn’t think, is broke and besides Bernie will protect her. Jim Carey, lol.

In the suit they mentioned how many times the falsehood was retweeted, so these former B stars, think Allysa Mallano, who still have some money and who have millions of Twitter followers, are in serious trouble.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

joe817

Post by joe817 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 pm https://www.mediaite.com/online/the-was ... -coverage/

Washington Post blinks.
...and takes 3 steps backwards, while saying....errrr, ummmm, uhhhh,......never mind. :shock:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:21 pm

The penalty has to be enough that it hurts. Otherwise, it's just part of the price of doing business and isn't much of a deterrent.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.fox19.com/2019/03/09/report- ... -coverage/

Just try not to smile when reading the article

CNN to be sued for $250 million by Covington High School for their false reports on the Covington High School students behavior during the March for Life.

I guess fake news has a price.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

philip964 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm http://www.fox19.com/2019/03/09/report- ... -coverage/

CNN to be sued for $250 million by Covington High School for their false reports on the Covington High School students behavior during the March for Life.

I hope Covington H.S. wins the suit. :rules: Maybe THEN the leftist media will think twice before printing fake news.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

joe817 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm http://www.fox19.com/2019/03/09/report- ... -coverage/

I hope Covington H.S. wins the suit. :rules: Maybe THEN the leftist media will think twice before printing fake news.

I doubt it, they may settle, but require a gag order, on any details released. So they can simply go back to business as usual. $250 million sounds like a lot of money, but CNN probably pays more than that in legal fees every year. You can bet no left wing MSM outlet will even mention the lawsuit, much less, how much was paid.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Well, hang on there pilgrim. $250 million for Nicholas Sandmann's libel suit against the Washington Post and an additional $250 million law suit against CNN must raise a red flag to anybody who's following this in the 'progressive, populist, communist, liberal' movement. That's 1/2 a BILLION dollars we are talking about. That's bound to raise attention. ;-)
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Off-Topic”