58,000 Non-U.S. Citizens Voted in Texas State Elections

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 58,000 Non-U.S. Citizens Voted in Texas State Elections

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor

Post by rotor »

If 58,000 voted illegally and DPS identified them why are they not being prosecuted? This may be true or not. But if they were identified where is the action by our AG? Action speaks louder than press releases. No action means inept officials or fake news. Perhaps both. Take your choice.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

DXer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:42 pm They aren't going to tell of course, but I'd love to know the process they followed by which they were able to determine who on the voter list is native born, naturalized, or non-citizen and ineligible. There had to be some serious computer time here.
Every time someone falsely uses a SSN, it would be trivial to catch that, but it's not caught, and if it is, nothing is done. We have already lost the county - we are in the process of trying to take it back. Good luck to us.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Where we vote in Texas, we have to show a voter registration card and photo ID.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I cannot express with civil language how angry this story makes me.

:mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Do what you say you're gonna do.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

The one illustrated in one story I read was an illegal using a stolen ID. I gathered from the story that DPS was doing it by checking driver's licenses and then cross checking them with voter registration records.
Steve Rothstein

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

DXer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:42 pm They aren't going to tell of course, but I'd love to know the process they followed by which they were able to determine who on the voter list is native born, naturalized, or non-citizen and ineligible. There had to be some serious computer time here.
A few years ago, the Federal government told the States that if they wanted to have their DL counted as official IDs for use by TSA, etc, they had to verify the citizenship of the DL holders. I remember digging out our State sealed birth certificates and presenting them to the DPS at renewal time. I also know, because we have relatives in there and kidded them about the DLs not being any good to fly, the Pennsylvania was one of the States that was warned about not meeting the deadlines for this program.

The IT guy part of me figures that there is a field in the DL data base that at least flags what was used to meet the citizenship test. Or perhaps it is just a flag that says that the citizenship test was met.

It was a stupid idea to issue an official document to someone from another country that looks like the document issued to a US citizen. One part of me understands that you want a person who is driving in your country long term to understand the driving rules. I was surprised that a couple of European countries didn't do it to me. I applaud the voter ID rules but as soon as we were able to enforce them, a move to make sure that they were sanitized should have occurred. Texas put an elaborate system to verify insurance information with the insurance companies into place. One of my vehicles got caught up in a VIN typo in the middle of that. If they can do that, there definitely should be clean up for the DLs - where the State has all of the data.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Oldgringo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:19 pm Where we vote in Texas, we have to show a voter registration card and photo ID.
Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all.

All you have to do to get a voter's registration card is check 'yes' on the citizenship box when you register. From what I can tell, no one actually checks to verify you are, in fact, a citizen. From there you get the voter's registration card in the mail and no one is the wiser.

Non-citizens can (and regularly do) get driver's licenses. Personally, I prefer it that way, because refusing to give non-citizens (including those who are here completely legally) driver's licenses would result in more people driving without a license and (most likely) without insurance.

DEB

Post by DEB »

I now believe this is the reason Beto, (Curse his Name), almost got elected. This also leads me to believe that perhaps this is the reason that the un-named person in Arizona won the Senate election. Nobody ever checks after a Demoncrat wins, to see why in an area that always leaned way far to the Right, now has known very left wing Democrats winning their elections. I guess they have finally tipped the applecart and have a very solid Demoncratic, albeit illegal alien Communist base. I see this with Republicans running scared to the left, with all of these Red Flag laws and etc. The Texas Republican Speaker of the House even surrendering and putting very left wing folks as head of committees for crying out loud. Went from standing the line in both Germany and Korea against the Communist, to watching them winning elections in my Country and the State of Texas.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

DEB wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:22 am I now believe this is the reason Beto, (Curse his Name), almost got elected.
He has been dubbed Irish Bob.

How many house seats were lost because of the illegals voting?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”