I am not going to buy a gun today!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
southernscope86
Posts in topic: 3

Re: I am not going to buy a gun today!

Post by southernscope86 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 am Very glad to learn that I am not alone in requiring a therapeutic intervention :biggrinjester:

Since my pledge to myself not to increase my collection I have added a gently used CZ Shadow2 9mm, another FNX .45 Tactical w/ thrded bbl, suppressor sights and co-witnessed RDS, a G26 Talo (stipled frame, night sights, cerekoated gray slide), a CMMG Banshee .45, and a G21 SF Limited Edition Military model with a pic rail, ambidextrous mag release, and night sights.

I feel that my recovery is proceeding quite nicely. :txflag:
Where did you find the 21 SF?

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

southernscope86 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 pm Update to the story, Was handed 460 cash, turned around and ordered a M&P 2.0 Compact. I really wanted to keep the 92FS. At least its still in the family if I ever wanted to borrow it.

BTW Gun.Deals.com has a compare model button that lets you see most of the online prices. Ordered it through a store in Georgia. No sales tax. With FFl and shipping cost looking at 390.00 out the door.
Wait, you somehow got yourself a V-day gift of the pew pew variety? Hrm... If you ever get tired of the missus, let me know. :biggrinjester:

I wonder if we should form a support group for our avid firearm addiction. I know I need it. I shouldn't be eagerly waiting for the M9's fat, American cousin to arrive at my LGS so soon after I took receipt of the M9...

b4aftr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by b4aftr »

Same happened to me but on arfdotcom. Said I was going to wait a while for a new one...ending up driving a bit to buy a MPX-K.

This addiction thing is real! If we had a support group, we’d probably meet at the range and it would have a reverse effect.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tex1961 »

I pay my boys back in ammo. Sometimes if I send them to the store to pick up some bread or something like that, we just go to the safe and I dole out the appropriate ammo. First time my wife walked in and realized what we were doing she knew all 3 of us were addicted.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

southernscope86 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 am Very glad to learn that I am not alone in requiring a therapeutic intervention :biggrinjester:

Since my pledge to myself not to increase my collection I have added a gently used CZ Shadow2 9mm, another FNX .45 Tactical w/ thrded bbl, suppressor sights and co-witnessed RDS, a G26 Talo (stipled frame, night sights, cerekoated gray slide), a CMMG Banshee .45, and a G21 SF Limited Edition Military model with a pic rail, ambidextrous mag release, and night sights.

I feel that my recovery is proceeding quite nicely. :txflag:
Where did you find the 21 SF?
GunBroker. There are still half a dozen or so on there.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

BSHII

Post by BSHII »

I too am not buying a gun on Valentines. Maybe I bought a bunch of parts. And maybe they’ll magically be assembled into a gun-like object. But that is not buying a gun, I say.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
Here is something you might like for that Ruger Carbine.

Leather.png
Tan.png
Where’s the links? Upgrading/enhancing my Ruger PCC and I need the links!! :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Everyday I try to not buy a gun. Sometimes it works but sometime it does not.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tex1961 »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am
Here is something you might like for that Ruger Carbine.

Leather.png
Tan.png
Where’s the links? Upgrading/enhancing my Ruger PCC and I need the links!! :mrgreen:
If the below link is removed, just PM me...

https://www.tejasproducts.com/Ruger-PC- ... /rpc9c.htm

Return to “Off-Topic”