Boycott HPD

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Boycott HPD

Post by Gator Guy »

Jusme wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pmUnfortunately, there are a lot of good men and women, who are shackled to him through no choice of their own.
They have as at least as much choice as people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods, Levi's, UnderArmor, Yeti...
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Gator Guy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 am
Jusme wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pmUnfortunately, there are a lot of good men and women, who are shackled to him through no choice of their own.
They have as at least as much choice as people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods, Levi's, UnderArmor, Yeti...
It is unfair to compare and contrast the career choice of a veteran LEO who may have many years invested in the job with a cashier or stock clerk who could likely fine three dozen equal jobs within a quarter-mile radius of the current employer.

I personally know some GREAT HPD officers who put their life on the line every day to help protect the city. Let’s not bash all of them because their latest boss (who will eventually leave - as has each of his predecessors) is a dill weed.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

To paraphrase Beruity, speaking the truth is not bashing. :tiphat:
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Gator Guy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:23 pm To paraphrase Beruity, speaking the truth is not bashing. :tiphat:
With the caveat being that it actually has to be true. :rules:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Gator Guy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:23 pm To paraphrase Beruity, speaking the truth is not bashing. :tiphat:
In two recent posts, you've decided to 'bash' all HPD officers because they choose to remain gainfully employed under Acevedo (in violation of Forum Rule #9), and then accuse all LTC instructors as being opposed to the constitution.

I hope you'll respond to this comment constructively, and engage in conversation, rather than continue with the backhanded jabs.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

And then be replaced, by those who agree with his stance, and be the largest unconstitutional street gang in history. Those who choose to stay, and uphold their oath, along with the old piece of paper, in Washington DC, are the only thing holding Acevedo back. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 pm Acevedo is a bad person, with fluid morals.
:iagree: :thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I agree with the sentiment that Chief Acevado is not in my top 6 choices for Chief. Personally, I like Sheriff Clarke from Milwaukee Wisconsin.

However, I do not understand how to boycott your local law enforcement agency. It's not like I conduct ordinary business with HPD. However, they are there to interfere with my preferred velocity when driving, and they are the agency that answers all 911 calls where I work and live.

In addition, I have met a number of officers that would prefer that Acevado return to Kommiefornia, his origin in law enforcement.

I hope the next chief believes in the Constitution!! But for now, I am stuck with this thorn. I hope the dirty narcotics cop scandal that left a husband and wife dead will lead to a change in leadership.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Wrong! The retail positions you mention are not the same as the unionized positions at HPD. The officers pensions, health care, etc. are linked to their seniority. They cannot change jobs as easily as changing retail employment positions without giving up quite a bit on benefits and seniority. You made a poor comparison.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

OneGun wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:19 pm
Wrong! The retail positions you mention are not the same as the unionized positions at HPD.
Good point! Not only is the Houston Police management anti-RKBA but the Houston Police union is also anti-RKBA and (unlike HPD management chosen by politicians) the Houston Police do choose their union leaders.

I made a poor comparison by creating this topic because HPD is much MUCH more boycott-worthy than Benchmade.

Thank you!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

We dont need this clown (Avocado) in charge of anything in our city.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 am We dont need this clown (Avocado) in charge of anything in our city.
As a clown, he makes Pennywise seem warm, cuddly, and benevolent.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

proudpirate wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm Far as I am concerned he is no longer welcome in Texas. I was so happy when he left Austin. He needs to be sent back to California. His politics are not welcome in this state. He's a hypocrite of the highest form. He's anti-gun yet carries a weapon as a "police officer". If the Houston mayor had any courage he would fire Art. Send him packing.
Actually, I've been thinking Cuba or Venezuela......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 am
mojo84 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm I boycott all law enforcement agencies. I make it a point to not do any business with or interact with them in an official capacity in any way. I don't break the law and they leave me alone. It's a mutual thing.
For those that didn't detect it, my comment was a tongue in cheek play on the words "law enforcement agencies", "boycott" and "official capacity". In other more plain and direct terms, I was making a joke about not getting busted by being a law abiding citizen.

I know it is hard to pick up the subtleties and nuances of jokes in a written format such as this but I thought in this case the joke would be obvious. Apparently, I was wrong.

I too have attended a Citizens Academy and I meet regularly with a deputy I mentor.
My back is wack. My sarcasm detector has been negatively affected.

Apologies.! :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm
mojo84 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 am
mojo84 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm I boycott all law enforcement agencies. I make it a point to not do any business with or interact with them in an official capacity in any way. I don't break the law and they leave me alone. It's a mutual thing.
For those that didn't detect it, my comment was a tongue in cheek play on the words "law enforcement agencies", "boycott" and "official capacity". In other more plain and direct terms, I was making a joke about not getting busted by being a law abiding citizen.

I know it is hard to pick up the subtleties and nuances of jokes in a written format such as this but I thought in this case the joke would be obvious. Apparently, I was wrong.

I too have attended a Citizens Academy and I meet regularly with a deputy I mentor.
My back is wack. My sarcasm detector has been negatively affected.

Apologies.! :thumbs2:
No worries. Sorry about your back and hope you heal up soon. Back pain is quite debilitating.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”