What Point of Sale system do you use?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

What Point of Sale system do you use?

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

My wife and I have been approached about selling some items we make that would require us to have a POS system that would operate with IOS based mobile phones whether it is connected via WiFi or a mobile network. Thought I would get some suggestions from the community on what you may use, pitfalls, likes, etc... Brand new territory for us. :tiphat: Thank you in advance.
DoP
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Point of Sale system do you use?

Post by Vol Texan »

Doesn't sound like you need a full fledged POS system. Perhaps you just need to be able to accept credit / debit cards? If so, then just get a Square and you're good to go.

For our jewelry store, we use Quickbooks POS. It's not the greatest in the world, but it does the job well enough. We're at the point now that we're going to need to scale up a bit and use more integrated data analysis than QPOS can do for us, but the next level upgrade will be a lot of $$, so we're balancing that with other expenses.

Hope this helps.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Vol Texan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:26 am Doesn't sound like you need a full fledged POS system. Perhaps you just need to be able to accept credit / debit cards? If so, then just get a Square and you're good to go.

For our jewelry store, we use Quickbooks POS. It's not the greatest in the world, but it does the job well enough. We're at the point now that we're going to need to scale up a bit and use more integrated data analysis than QPOS can do for us, but the next level upgrade will be a lot of $$, so we're balancing that with other expenses.

Hope this helps.

:iagree:

For a short time between jobs, I operated as a small business, and used Square. It was very simple, did most of the bookkeeping I needed, and was simple to use. If all you are doing is selling a few items, it will be more than sufficient YMMV
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Depends on how big an inventory and if you need inventory control / reorder capability. Our hardware store uses NCR Counterpoint but I hold VERY short of recommending it. It's way too inflexible to adjust to our needs. (and it is expensive)
Last edited by 2farnorth on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
N5PNZ

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I’m in the POS business. The company I work for has two cloud based systems- one uses iOS devices (MobileBytes). However, if you are going to be low volume and don’t need advanced features like inventory then you are probably better off with a simple Square solution.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Square is the answer but... Square is anti-gun and per the user agreement you cannot use Square to sell guns or gun accessories.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

warnmar10 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:43 am Square is the answer but... Square is anti-gun and per the user agreement you cannot use Square to sell guns or gun accessories.
Does say anything about training?
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I use Square to take Credit/debut cards only. They have no idea what I am selling. It’s just numbers
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Square is one of the options I was looking at. Didn't know about their firearm prohibition. And yes, we are low volume, low inventory operation do no need to get technical. We just need a way to process debit/cc.
Thank you all for advice.
Peace
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “Off-Topic”