Seattle is Dying

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Seattle is Dying

Post by philip964 »

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/latest-new ... 4324B637F4

Hour long documentary about Seattle. It’s about a city where progressives are in charge.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Seattle is Dying

Post by Oldgringo »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 am https://www.mikehuckabee.com/latest-new ... 4324B637F4

Hour long documentary about Seattle. It about a city where progressives are in charge.
Serves 'em right!

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warnmar10 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 am https://www.mikehuckabee.com/latest-new ... 4324B637F4

Hour long documentary about Seattle. It’s about a city where progressives are in charge.
I watched it last night. So impressed was I that I linked it in another thread this morning. Skip to 00:44:00 where there is some good news, if you are an addict living in Rhode Island.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This is heartbreaking.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Very good documentary. Thanks for sharing. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I went to Seattle to interview at Amazon Web Services last August and even the touristy area near Pike Place Market felt very unsafe. Pretty much stayed in my hotel room the rest of the time.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:10 pm I went to Seattle to interview at Amazon Web Services last August and even the touristy area near Pike Place Market felt very unsafe. Pretty much stayed in my hotel room the rest of the time.
That area is extremely unsafe, and has been for years. When I was living there 15 years ago, or so, a guy was beaten to death there in the middle of the day. You were smart to stay away.

I was born in Seattle, and it truly is a beautiful place (if you don't mind cold and frequent light rain). But it has been absolutely destroyed by the liberals who live there. Coincidentally, many of those liberals moved to Seattle from California...

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I thought about staying in Seattle in the early 90s after going to UW for a summer language program. Beautiful area. Loved the mountains, the coeds, etc.

Amazed KOMO aired it and pretty glad I went another direction.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:10 pm I went to Seattle to interview at Amazon Web Services last August and even the touristy area near Pike Place Market felt very unsafe. Pretty much stayed in my hotel room the rest of the time.
That area is extremely unsafe, and has been for years. When I was living there 15 years ago, or so, a guy was beaten to death there in the middle of the day. You were smart to stay away.

I was born in Seattle, and it truly is a beautiful place (if you don't mind cold and frequent light rain). But it has been absolutely destroyed by the liberals who live there. Coincidentally, many of those liberals moved to Seattle from California...
Actually had an attractive U-Dub coed purposefully walk astride me when going by the weed park at the far north of the market. I got to feel young again for a minute!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I was in Seattle for 9 days in September of 2000 attending software training at the Gates Foundation. Only rained our first day there. Other than the panhandlers around Pike St. Market all I saw were people who worked for a living. Spent all my off time walking the areas around Lake Union. Glad I got to see it before it imploded.......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I was in Seattle some time between 1995 and 2000....don’t remember the exact year. We went up there for a friend’s wedding. They actually lived up the road in Everett. Our friend (the bride) was marrying a guy who worked at the Boeing plant. As soon as he retired, they got the heck out and moved to South Carolina. At the time we were in Seattle proper, it was a much nicer place. There were a lot of “hippies”, but it was still a more or less orderly city.

It’s worth pointing out that democrats overwhelmingly control nearly every major city in the country (Fort Worth is the only one left in Texas where it’s not already an accomplished fact, but even that’s in doubt). AND, everyone of these cities have at least one district in which all of Seattle’s problems are playing out. In Seattle, it’s city-wide. It’s worth noting that the only city worse than Seattle with regard to these problems, as shown in the graphic provided in the video, is San Francisco—and San Francisco has been completely free of any real republican influence for 30 or 40 years now.

In other words, democrats in ALL of these cities get 100% of the blame for their city’s condition. You can’t even shame them for it, because they have no shame at all.

The thing is, there is no voting our way out of this, except by abandoning the cities and voting with our feet. America’s big cities are well past the tipping point.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

TAM's point that there is no way to vote out of a situation like Seattle should be shaking us all to our core. I wholeheartedly agree and would expand it to say that I don't think it is possible for California to vote its way out Democratic control either. That cancer is spreading.

As bad as Seattle is, however, I contend that Detroit is the far and away winner of the "model" city for Liberal policy. In fact the "model cities" program from the LBJ era was exactly what has been held up as a solution. The total amount of devastated real estate in Detroit surpasses the similar lost ground in Seattle - it is just a different kind of blight. One could argue that because there is a much higher level of current human occupation in the blighted areas of Seattle that it is worse that Detroit's abandoned sections. But in terms of the people affected by the squalor, the population loss in Detroit needs to be a consideration.

I've been at a loss for years to understand why the Democratic party cannot be held accountable for these places. It is made of Telflon, even among Conservatives. Chicago and its murder problems is a great example. The Democrats continue to turn the failed governance into a firearms discussion and have been allowed to do so. The misery of those in Seattle who are directly involved in the squalor or those who are indirectly affected by the existence of that squalor does not seem to gain any traction when talking about governmental policy. I don't get it.
Last edited by chasfm11 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Our problems stem from decades of Republicans allowing the Democrats to get away with their propaganda and promotion of failure.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

chasfm11, you are absolutely correct about Detroit. I lived and went to school in and around Detroit until 1995.
The Democrats run that place and they ran it into the ground.
I have friends and relatives in South Eastern, Michigan who still don't get it.
They tell me about the Renaissance, the rebirth, the fact that you can buy an entire city block for a few thousand bucks!
There's money to be made here! Come back.
I always ask the same questions and I get the same answers:
How are the city services?
Better than they were!

What is the police response time?
Um, pretty good.

Are the same corrupt Democrats still in charge?
Nope. Those are all in jail. Its a new bunch of corrupt Democrats running things.

I'll stay in Texas.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

While Trump trolls, Yakima delivers. https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 5b7ba96221
The City of Seattle is asking Yakima County and state corrections officials why newly released prisoners were dropped off underneath Interstate 5 in a downtown area just blocks from city hall.
:anamatedbanana
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Return to “Off-Topic”